FMHCA 2014 Conference
Join Us in Orlando at the Marriott Lake Mary Hotel on Feb. 7th and 8th for our 2014 Conference
"Accreditation and Certification: Heightening Awareness and Removing Obstacles, Where is our Profession Headed?"
As the mental health industry continues to evolve in Florida, many mental health counselors are wondering where our profession is headed. Don’t sit back and wonder – become an active part of the process!
- Dr. Juhan Mixon and Corinne Mixon will help you understand the importance of legislative and grassroots lobbying, and how current legislation may be impacting the future of Mental Health Counseling in Florida.
- Dr. James Finley and Dr. Judith Berenthal-Smith will discuss where our profession is heading and how you can make your voice heard.
- Dr. Carol Bobby will increase your understanding of the CACREP process and help dispel CACREP myths.
- In addition to our speakers on these topics, you can join interactive panel discussions on the direction of the Mental Health Counseling Profession in Florida and the CACREP process.
- Our three preconference workshops this year provide amazing opportunities: become a Qualified Supervisor, a Certified Forensic Mental Health evaluator, or learn hypnosis basics.
This year’s FMHCA Annual Conference will provide you the opportunity to:
- Network and brainstorm with other Florida mental health professionals
- Obtain necessary CEUs
- Increase your understanding of the changes in the DSM-5
- Learn how to sharpen your assessment skills using new DSM-5
- Increase your understanding of current trends in our profession
- Enhance your marketing skills
Don’t wait – register today! REGISTRATION RATES INCREASE AFTER JANUARY 18TH 2013.
We invite you to also consider registering for one of our THREE Pre - Conference Workshops too!
#1 Qualified Supervior Training 8am -5pm Thurs. Feb. 6th and Fri. Feb 7th (limit 50 participants) NOW FULL
#2 Hypnosis Basic Training 10am -5pm Thurs. Feb. 6th only (limit 25 participants) NOW FULL
#3 Forensic Mental Health Evaluators Certification Training 8am -5pm Thurs. Feb. 6th only.FOR THIS WORKSHOP ONLY YOU Must be three years post state licensed as an independent counselor, as well as must also be registered to attend the FMHCA Conf. on Feb. 7th and 8th.
We also invite you to consider becoming a Conference Exhibitor/Sponsor. Visit our website for downloadable Sponsor/Exhibitor form with more details. Deadline has passed, we can no longer accept any sponsors/exhibitors
Visit us online www.flmhca.org to become a member! And save money on your conference registration!