Putting Your Ideas on Paper: Business Plan Development and the Narrative Section
This active session helps participants understand what is a business plan and how it is critical, if the participant is going to need financial backing. Participants learn about who writes the plan, the components of an effective plan , and get practice in developing parts of the narrative portion of the plan. As a result of this session the participant will develop a statement about their business structure, their marketing plan, articulated their management plan, planned for their operations/production plan, and their technical plan. The participants will also develop alternatives to many of the contingences they may face, and develop a tactical launch plan and measures of success for their business. The participants will receive and use worksheets in the workbook, Let's Write Your Business Plan.
Building Your Financial Story: The Financial Section of the Business Plan
This session provides the instruction and tools to complete one of the most important parts of the business plan - the financial section. The participant will receive both a clean copy and a completed case study of a comprehensive, linked Excel financial projection model. Participants will walk through the steps to complete, understand and communicate their business' financial projections.
*All of the Spreadsheets needed for completing a business plan are included:
- Detail and Summary Source and Use of Funds Statements
- 3 Year Annual Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
- 1st and 2nd Year Monthly Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
- Product and/or Service Pricing Profiles
- Sales and Cost of Sales Detail
- Labor Projections
- Working Capital Assumptions
- Other Significant Assumptions
- Debt Amortization Schedules
- Income Tax and Self Employment Tax Draw Calculations
- Financial Ratios
- Sensitivity analysis
- Breakeven / Profitability Analysis
- Return on Investment Analysis
The content is customized to your specific business. No two businesses financial projection package will look alike.
All the formulas, technical accounting, formatting and linking requirements for these spreadsheets are already done. All you have to do is input your information into the spreadsheets that are supported with easy-to-follow instructions, explanations and a completed case study example.