Join the celebration May 31!
Healthy NewsWorks Book Launch
Honoring the publication of
Leading Healthy Change In Our Communities 2017
You'll hear from some of the student journalists who helped write the stories of a dozen Philadelphia-area leaders who are fighting gun violence, preventing athletic injuries, promoting vaccinations, teaching squash, and working in other ways to make our communities healthier and safer. The book is the sixth in a series by elementary and middle school journalists engaged in the Healthy NewsWorks program.
President and Director of the Free Library of Philadelphia and a 2013 Healthy NewsWorks Health Leader
Merion Tribute House
625 Hazelhurst Avenue
Merion Station, PA 19066
On Wednesday, May 31, 2017
From 6 to 8 p.m.
Light fare will be served
$50 per person (includes 1 book per attendee)
Proceeds to benefit Healthy NewsWorks
Become a sponsor
Consider a contribution at one of the sponsorship levels below to further help Healthy NewsWorks build health awareness and understanding by supporting our student media program and donating our books to schools or other organizations.
All sponsors receive:
School Board: $7,500 and above
Publisher: $5,000 to $7,499
Editor in Chief: $2,500 to $4,999
Editor: $1,000 to $2,499
Correspondent: $500 to $999
Reporter: $250 to $499
Researcher: $150 to $249
Who we are
Healthy NewsWorks seeks to engage students intellectually and creatively in producing authentic journalism that influences health attitudes and tackles such pressing issues as obesity, bullying, asthma, and safety.
Healthy NewsWorks is a member of New Beginnings Nonprofit Incubator at Resources for Human Development.
Chair: Amy Krulik, M.C.P.
Members: James W. Buehler, M.D., Nancy Erickson, R.N., M.S.N., M.Ed.,
Amy Ginensky, J.D., Aviva Habib, M.S.Ed., Laurita Hack, D.P.T., M.B.A., Ph.D., Moriah Hall, M.P.H., Andrew D. Magnus, Elizabeth Rappaport, M.D.,
H. George Shoffner, CPA, Elizabeth Useem, Ed.D.
Participating schools and newspapers (2016-17)
Norristown Area School District
- Cole Manor Elementary School, Healthy Comet
- East Norriton Middle School, Bulldog Bulletin
- Eisenhower Science and Technology Leadership Academy, Healthy Panther
- Marshall Street Elementary School, Healthy Bulletin
- Whitehall Elementary School, Healthy Reporter
- Community Partnership School, Healthy Herald
- La Salle Academy, Healthy News
Independence Mission Schools
- St. Frances Cabrini Regional Catholic School, Healthy Voice
- St. Martin de Porres Catholic School, Healthy Saint
- St. Raymond of Penafort Catholic School, Healthy Outlook
- St. Veronica Catholic School, Healthy Hero
School District of Philadelphia
- AMY Northwest Middle School, Healthy Bulldog
- William Cramp Elementary School, Fit Flyer
- James Dobson School, Fit Fin
Upper Darby School District
- Highland Park Elementary School, Healthy Hawk
Community Wellness Partner
Community Healthcare Champion
Be confident in your charitable giving. Healthy NewsWorks is a division of Resources for Human Development, Inc., a registered charitable organization. In accordance with Pennsylvania law, we are required to advise you that a copy of RHD's official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 800-732-0999 (toll-free within Pennsylvania) or 717-783-1720. Registration does not imply endorsement.