Nonprofit organizations offer a range of possibilities for those with aspirations to lead. Join us as we talk with four local executive-level nonprofit professionals about their jobs and career paths.
- What’s rewarding about their position? What’s challenging?
- What misconceptions about careers and career paths can they correct?
- What did it take to advance in their careers?
This session will provide information to nonprofit management students, aspiring students and alumni who are interested in advancing their careers moving into higher level executive positions within the nonprofit sector. We will learn from individuals who have served and currently serve as top execs as well as those who have chosen other paths.
Bring your questions and join us as we engage in lively discussion!
- Elaine Maly, Director of Development, Aurora Health Care Foundation. Elaine has held a range of positions in Milwaukee, including serving as CEO of the Women’s Fund.
- Paula Penebaker, President and CEO of the YWCA of Greater Milwaukee. Paula moved from for-profit to nonprofit HR work in Milwaukee, advancing to executive leadership. She currently serves as Board President of the YWCA USA.
- Steve Zimmerman, Spectrum Nonprofit Services, LLC. Steve has served as a chief financial officer, development director and associate director for nonprofits and is now principal of a Milwaukee-area consulting firm working with nonprofits nation-wide.
- Ben Gramling, Director of the Environmental Health Department, Sixteenth Street Community Health Center. Ben was one of the first students to complete UWM’s Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management. He serves on the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District Commission.