Jacksonville Offshore Sport Fishing Club
El Cheapo Sheepshead Tournament
2014 El Cheapo Sheepshead Tournament Rules
THE “fine” PRINT
- ENTRY FEE / REGISTRATION: Entry Fee is $80.00 PER BOAT prior to February 15th, 2014, and $100.00 PER BOAT THEREAFTER. Registration closes at 6:59 a.m. on the morning of the tournament.
- TOURNAMENT WITHIN A TOURNAMENT: There is an optional entry fee of $20.00 per boat. Captains who choose to pay the optional fee will fish a “tournament within a tournament”. They will compete for the optional entry fee purse only with other Captains who paid the optional entry fee. All entry fees go toward the purse and will be divided among the top 3 Captains that paid the optional entry fee with 50% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd place, and 20 % to 3rd place.
- MANDATORY CAPTAIN’S MEETING will be held at 7:30 Friday,February 21, 2014 (registrations will be accepted beginning at 5:30 p.m.) at the J.O.S.F.C. clubhouse at 4870 Ocean Street, Mayport, FL.
- FISHING RULES: A fishing license is required for all participants. Eligible fish are: Sheepshead (Archosargus probatocephalus). All fish must meet state size requirements. Only one fish per Captain, and 1 fish per Jr. Angler may be weighed in. All fish must be caught on rod and reel, from a boat. Check-out will begin at 6:30 a.m. from the JOSFC clubhouse. Fishing begins at 7:00 a.m. Weigh-in opens at 1:00 p.m., and closes at 4:00 p.m. You must be STANDING IN LINE by 4:00 p.m. ALL BOATS MUST CHECK BACK IN with the Tournament Director in person or by cell phone (number to be given at Captain’s Meeting) or on VHF 78 whether weighing fish or not. All participants must comply with Coast Guard regulations and instructions.
- TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE BOATS will be available during the tournament on VHF 78 or can be reached by phone to the Tournament.
- TOURNAMENT WEATHER CALL will be made at the Captain’s Meeting. The Tournament Committee reserves the right to cancel the tournament due to unsafe conditions. Four hours of fishing will constitute a tournament day. Weather date for the tournament shall be Sunday, February 24th.
- WEIGHING-IN: All fish submitted for weigh-in must be in fresh, edible condition, and caught that tournament day. Fish cannot be in frozen condition. No mutilated fish will be weighed. All decisions regarding mutilation will be made by the weigh-master. All fish submitted for weigh-in become property of the tournament.
- PROTEST: All protests must be in writing within 15 minutes of the close of weigh-in, accompanied by a $100.00 CASH deposit. Digital photographic evidence is strongly suggested. If protest is upheld, deposit will be refunded. The Tournament Committee will review all protests and their decision shall be final. All entrants agree to submit to a polygraph at the request of the Tournament. The results of the polygraph will be considered by the Rules Committee, along with any relevant information, which in their sole discretion will determine whether the entrant will be disqualified. Failure to submit to such an examination will result in disqualification of the entrant.
- PARTICIPANTS enter the tournament at their own risk. The Jacksonville Offshore Sport Fishing Club (J.O.S.F.C.), “El Cheapo” Sheepshead Tournament, its officials or members shall not be liable for and hereby disclaim any liability for any and all losses, damages or injuries of any kind suffered by any participants, entrants, anglers, their guests and companions, boat captains, vessels, and equipment which may occur during the tournament, including the weigh-in location at the JOSFC facility.
- JUNIOR ANGLERS (age 16 and under) for a fee of $10.00 each will be competing for a separate prize structure, but must follow the same rules as stated above. Each Junior Angler must be fishing with a registered captain in the general tournament and must complete his/her own entry form.
- ALL BOATS MUST CHECK BACK IN with the Tournament Director either in person or by cell phone or text message (number to be given at Captain’s Meeting) or on VHF 78 whether weighing fish or not.
- BY CLICKING "REGISTER NOW!" YOU CERTIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE RULES for this tournament and agree to abide by the same rules and terms.