Please join us on Sunday, September 8 for
a fun-filled day to celebrate bichons frises!
There will be Door Prizes galore! All gift baskets will be valued between $80-$150. See DOOR PRIZES below for info on these amazing baskets and how you can win one or more!
Be sure to register early to ensure that you get a goodie bag (filled with fun things for you and your pup!) and a personalized bandana for your Bichon! This year the goodie bag is a reusable shopping bag courtesy of our sponsors:
Note: The Bichon Bash is a "rain or shine" event.
1 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Elaina from Groom 'n Glory will be on hand to answer your questions and give a demonstration about Bichon grooming. From how to groom your dog yourself, to maintaining your dog between groomings, Elaina will show you and answer your questions.
ASK THE VETS
Our "Bichon expert" vets are back with us again!
Dr. Adrienne Cardella of Kingsbrook Animal Hospital and
Dr. Andrew Voell of Pender Veterinary Centre will be available to answer your questions. Drs. Cardella and Voell have treated many of our rescue dogs, and we are very grateful for their support!
11 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Many of us feel that our bichons are our family - and there is something truly special about a family portrait with our pets. Megan Baden with Paws and Claws will capture you and your fluff, and you'll be able to take the image home with you that day! No appointments necessary! A portion of each sale will be donated to Bichon Rescue.
The Bash volunteers have been working all year to make this the best year ever. We have gift baskets including gift certificates, dog beds, and lots of other items for you and your fluff! You'll receive one door prize ticket for each paid adult registration donation. Want more chances to win? You get 1 extra ticket for each additional $5 donated to Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue when you pre-pay your registration.
Additional door prize tickets will be sold at the Bash.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK
By attending the Capitol Bichon Bash (Bash), I agree to the following:
1. To release and hold harmless Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue, Inc, its agents, employess and directors, for any and all claims of liability and damages, including reasonable attorney fees, from any injury, property damage, loss, claim, or expense that may occur to me while attending the Capitol Bichon Bash;
2. Should I choose to attend the Capitol Bichon Bash with my dog(s) and should any injury occur to any person, other animal or property as a result of the behavior of my dog(s) at the Bash, whether expected or unexpected, regardless of the stimulus for the behavior (i.e., animal's spontaneous conduct, the conduct of another animal, the conduct of another person or thing, or a combination of any of these things), I will be solely liable and be held responsible for any injury or property damage that results therefrom (including reasonable attorneys fees) and that I will indemnify, hold harmless, protect and defend Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue, Inc., its agents, employees and directors, for any and all claims of liability and damages, including reasonable attorney fees from any injury, property damage, loss, claim, or expense resulting from the behavior of my animal(s);
3. To report any and all such injuries immediately to Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue, Inc.;
4. That in bringing my pet(s) to the Capitol Bichon Bash, I understand that I am doing so at my own risk, cost, and expense and I release Maryland Bichon Frise Rescue, Inc. from any claim of loss, damage or injury to the animal(s).
5. My pet is healthy, free from parasites and has all the required vaccinations including rabies, distemper and bordetella.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED!!
We can't have a Bash without help from many!
Volunteer Activities on Day of Bash
**So the dogs can run free, we set up a secure fenced-in area for the Bash.
We need 8-10 STRONG volunteers to help us set up the fencing. This requires a committment to be at the Bash site at 8 AM on Sunday morning.
We'll bring the supplies and coffee- you may wish to bring gloves, though we have a few extra pairs.
Please contact Robin to volunteer!!
Please tell Robin the volunteer activities you would prefer as well as the times you'll be available. Each shift is 1 hour so that everyone will still have time to enjoy the Bash!
The minimun donation is $12.00 per person 12 years and older; $5.00 for those 5-11 years, and none for those under 5 years of age. Pre-payment of the donation and pre-registration are required.
There will be a $4 discounted parking fee per vehicle for attendees that live in locations other than Alexandria, Arlington, City of Fairfax, Fairfax County, Falls Church and Loudoun County. Pay as you enter the park. Tell the attendant you are going to Pavilion #1.
Bichons only, please.
All pets must be current on their vaccinations. If your Bichon needs a bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine, it takes 2 weeks to get to full efficacy - so please plan accordingly.
No male dogs over 6 months old that have not been neutered.
Female dogs in heat should be left at home.
Fairfax County has a strict leash law- please bring a leash with you and use it whenever your dog is outside the fenced area. County officials will be watching!
Bring a picnic lunch or snack for you and your family to enjoy.
Bottled water and canned soda will be available for purchase, with all proceeds going to Bichon Rescue. Homemade desserts will be provided at no charge.
Please bring an adequate supply of poop bags.
Watering stations will be available for dogs.
Please bring lawn chairs. There are plenty of shady places to sit. Some seating is available inside the pavilion, but you may want to sit closer to presentation areas.
In order to be able to return to the park for future events, we must be diligent in cleaning up after our Bichons and properly disposing of trash.
NO SMOKING within the fenced-in area. Properly dispose of cigarettes if smoking in other areas of the park where allowed.
CONSUMPTION OR POSSESSION OF ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IS PROHIBITED. This policy will be strictly enforced.
You must pre-register and pre-pay to attend!
Your registration is not complete until payment has been received.
Once you complete and submit your registration online, you'll get a confirmation web page
that says: "You have successfully registered for this event. ...." There is a link on that page
to the Payment Form which has instructions on the ways you can pay.
The Bash is a Rain or Shine event, but unforeseen circumstances may arise
so please check back for updates.