Contact:SCORE Delaware Office
Thinking of Starting Your Own Business
Understanding the basics for starting a small business? This workshop hosted by experienced counselors will discuss and give you a clear understanding of what it takes to start your own business, and be successful.
Key topics discussed are:
- What business Structure is best for you.
- What licenses and registrations are required?
- What insurance do I need to consider?
- What tax issues do I need to address?
- The importance of a sound financial and business plan.
- Why cash flow is so important to a small business.
- What is the best way for you to get into business (start from scratch, franchising, buy existing).
- Why do so many businesses fail and what can I do to avoid this.
- Setting expectations.