Thursday March 26, 2015 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EDT
(Lunch is provided)
Add to Calendar
$30.00 = Green Umbrella members
$45.00 = Non-Green Umbrella members
$15.00 = Students (please bring ID to event)
Deadline to register is Friday, March 13, 2015
Join Green Umbrella for the 3rd Annual Regional Trails Summit as we look at the accomplishments of the Regional Trails Alliance (RTA), the future of the Regional Trails Plan and strategies to collaborate in connecting our regional trails to make this area a world class trails destination.
NOTE: Registration has now closed.
AGENDA FOR THE SUMMIT
8:00 Registration and Breakfast Open
8:30-8:45 Opening Remarks
- Jack Sutton and Sherry Carran, Regional Trails Alliance (RTA) Co-Chairs
- Vice Mayor Frank Peluso, City of Newport and Jack Moreland, Southbank Partners
8:45-9:45 History and Progress of the RTA
- Jack Sutton, RTA Co-Chair and Joey Hood, Human Nature
- Interact for Health - Advancing the Trails Effort: Pat O'Connor, Interact for Health
- Regional Trails Alliance - Brand and Logo: Kolar Design
- Regional Trails Alliance Coordinator: Wade Johnston
9:45-10:45 Leading by Example
- Moderator - Chris Manning, Human Nature
- Louisville Loop - Steven Sizemore, Louisville Metro Government
- Indianapolis Cultural Trail - Karen Haley, Indianapolis Cultural Trail
- Miami Valley Trails - Kjirsten Frank, Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission
11:15 - 12:00 OKI Regional Council of Governments
- Mark Policinski, OKI
- Kevin Lynch, OKI Board of Directors
- Tom Caruso, Anderson Township
12:00 - 12:30 LUNCH Served
12:30 - 1:25 Let's Get Out!
- Bike Ride -to Cincinnati and back. BYOB or limited bikes provided by Red Bike
- Riverfront Commons and Purple People Bridge Walk
- Programming on the Trail:
- Go Vibrant and Cincy Summer Streets
- Outdoor Adventure Clubs
- Great Parks
- Metro Bike Rack demo
1:30 - 2:15 Tourism and Trails
- Elaine Wilson - KY Office of Adventure Tourism
- Melinda Huntley - Ohio Travel Association
2:30 - 3:45 Regional Trails Alliance Report Out
- Moderators - Andrea Irland and Tanner Yess
3:45 -4:00 Where Do We Go from Here?
GETTING TO THE SUMMIT
Public transit and bike options: Cincinnati Metro and TANK provide convenient connections to the Southbank Shuttle, which stops at the Newport Aquarium. There is a Cincy Red Bike station at Sawyer Point/Purple People Bridge. All attendees who travel to the Summit on a bike or public transportation will be entered into a drawing for exciting prizes!
Driving options: Click here for directions by car. Parking in the garage at Newport on the Levee will cost $2.00.