Friday, June 5, 2020 at 6:30 PM MDT
Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM MDT

Add to Calendar 


Cutting West Ranch, LLC. 
11661 Highway 10
Dickinson, ND 58601

Driving Directions 


Phil Haugen 
Phil Haugen Horsemanship 

Advanced Horsemanship Clinic | Dickinson, ND | June 5-7, 2020

Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.

Phil Haugen’s clinics cover the Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings in the past decade.

Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.

Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:

  - Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection

   - Softness in the ribcage

  - Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run

  - Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection

  - Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns

  - Controlling your horse’s hindquarters

  - Setting your horse up for a lead change

  - Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits with correct repetitions daily

Tuition: $465/student or $100/day to audit

Clinic Schedule:

Meet & Greet/Registration - Friday, June 5th at 6:30pm
*If you can't make it to this portion of the clinic, don't worry! We'll get you taken care of first thing on Saturday morning.

Day 1 - Saturday, June 6th starting at 9am; will break for lunch

Day 2 - Sunday, June 7th starting at 9am; will break for lunch

"In order to become the top 1%, you have to do what the other 99% won't."