If you are interested in learning how to increase safety for bicyclists on the Cape and Islands, encourage more locals to use our beautiful pathways, and educate our communities on the economic, environmental, and personal benefits of cycling, please register for this event today!
The Cape Cod Bicycle Summit is perfect for a wide audience, and all are encouraged to attend. The day's program will feature:
- Senator Dan Wolf, our keynote speaker and multi-year Pan Mass Challenge rider;
- Richard Fries, world's foremost cyclocross announcer and Development Advisor for PeopleForBikes;
- State initiative presentations by MassDOT and MassBike;
- Regional initiative presentations by Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority, Cape Cod Commission, and Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce; and
- A workshop presented by MassBike tailored to Cape and Islands communities.
Join us to learn more about how creating opportunities for healthy cycling helps ensure healthy communities!
Doors open at 8:30am, and the program itself runs from 9:00am – 2:00pm. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided. There is no fee to attend, but participants are asked to RSVP as limited space is available.
If you are a person with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact Kathie at email@example.com before October 25, 2013.
Thank you to our Gold Sponsors for funding this event and for making the Cape Cod Bicycle Summit possible for our community!
This event has been organized through a partnership between the Barnstable County Department of Human Services, the town of Barnstable, the Cape Cod Commission, the Massachusetts Bicycle Coalition (MassBike): Cape Cod and Islands Chapter, and the office of Senator Dan Wolf.
Further funding for this event was provided by the Department of Public Health's Mass in Motion program. Mass in Motion is a statewide movement that promotes opportunities for healthy eating and active living in the places people live, learn, work, and play.