This conference is tailored for physical therapists, athletic trainers and other medical professionals who evaluate, diagnose and treat spinal problems. The focus is on diagnostic corrective procedures (operative and non-operative), pain management and rehabilitation. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss clinical questions and problems with the instructors during the working lunch. The afternoon cadaveric lab is hands on exposure to spine anatomy, contemporary surgical procedures as well as injections. Cadaver Lab participants MUST attend the morning seminar.
Participants will receive instruction on:
• Current operative procedures
• Diagnostic techniques
• Non-surgical interventions including injections and pain management
• Rehabilitation and post-operative interventions
• Use of mobilization/manipulation in the treatment of spine patients
• Use of real time ultrasound
• Use of dry-needling techniques
• Other methods of assessment and treatment of spine patients
• How the literature has affected physical therapy spine care in the past 10 years.