Friday February 26, 2016 at 1:00 PM MST
Saturday February 27, 2016 at 4:00 PM MSTAdd to Calendar
University of New Mexico
Erin Garcia, Program Specialist
STEM-H Center for Outreach, Research & Education
Infomation about the 2016 Southwest Junior Sciences and Humanities Symposium will be posted on the STEM-H website as it becomes available.
National JSHS Website
2016 Southwest Junior Sciences & Humanities Symposium
If you have done a research project this year, you are invited to present it at the 2016 Southwest Regional Junior Science and Humanities Symposium (JSHS)!
Student researchers will present their project using a PowerPoint presentation in front of a panel of judges to compete for scholarship prizes and the opportunity to attend the national competition in May, 2016 (location and days TBA).
- The event is open to 9th-12th grade students. All public, private, and home schooled students from New Mexico and Southwest Texas are eligible.
- Research should have been started no earlier than May 2015 (can use the same research project you are conducting for “science fair”)
- Any science, engineering, or pure mathematical projects, using approved research and ethics protocols are eligible.
- Those traveling more than 50 miles will arrive on Friday, leave Sunday morning, and will be provided rooms at a hotel.
- Other Symposium events include: UNM Lab tours, networking sessions with STEM-H professionals, social events, a poster session, and more!
- Prizes include:
- Advancement to the National Competition for 5 finalists
- First place - $2000 Scholarship
- Second Place - $1500 Scholarship
- Third Place - $1000 Scholarship
- Prizes for top poster presenters
1. Click on the "Apply Now" button and complete the registration form on or before January 28, 2016
2. E-mail Abstract & Experiemtnal Design to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 28, 2016
3. Submissions will be reviewed and those students chosen to compete at the Symposium will be announced February 3, 2016
If chosen for Regional Competition, students must also submit in advance of the comeptition:
1. Full Research Paper (no later than February 17, 2016)
2. PowerPoint Presentation (Date TBA)