WhenFriday October 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM CDT
Saturday October 16, 2010 at 4:00 PM CDTAdd to my calendar
WhereBloomington Baptist Church 4300 West 98th Street
Bloomington, MN 55437 Driving Directions
Praying Church Conference
Join Prayer Leaders Bob Bakke, David Bryant, and others for
Fresh hope, passion, and prayer focused on the supremacy of the Lord Jesus Christ
The Praying Church Conference will help ignite a passion for prayer in pastors, leaders, faithful prayer champions, and anyone who desires to grow in prayer. This conference is a partnership of Global Day of Prayer, Prayer Transformation Ministries, and Prayer First.
Christ Alone! Prayer Encounter: (for pastors and prayer leaders) facilitated by David Bryant, Friday, Oct. 15 (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) - $30 (Includes lunch)
This day will be unlike anything you have experienced before. Short teaching segments on the supremacy of Christ will be intermingled with worship, group prayer, quiet reflection, and proclamations to the Lord.
- An entire day focused exclusively on the glory and supremacy of the Son of God.
- An opportunity to gain insights for unpacking a larger vision of Christ for others.
- And introduction to a whole new approach to preaching and teaching.
- Varieties of prayer all focused on the greater need in all of our churches: A fresh awakening to Christ alone, for ALL that He is.
- The rekindling of our own passion for Christ and our desire to seek His Kingdom in prayer.
- A practical tool to continue growing and sharing the focus of Christ Alone.
Citywide Concert of Prayer: Friday evening (Oct. 15, 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m); open to public with no registration charge.
Praying Church Conference: Saturday, Oct. 16 (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.); featuring Bob Bakke and Jerry Sheveland as speakers, with several workshops led by local prayer leaders. - $50 (includes lunch)
- Plenary Session: Suffering for Christ Alone (Bob Bakke)
Among the many promises of Scripture, one that we don’t often like to celebrate is the promise that suffering is and will be a part of our Christian lives. Dr. Bakke will share how suffering can be a tool that God uses to expand our prayer lives for Christ alone.
Develop your personal, church, or community prayer ministry by learning from men and women who are seasoned leaders in prayer.
Saturday Breakouts Include Some of the Following Topics:
Becoming a Praying Church
Preparing the Church for a Christ-Centered Revival
Living a Life of Intercession
Leadership and Prayer
Think Eternity Prayer and Evangelism
- Plenary Session: Living for Christ Alone (Jerry Sheveland)
The Apostle Paul considered everything else a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing and living for Christ. Dr. Sheveland closes our time reminding us that our single passion needs to be living for Christ alone.
Register for both the Christ Alone! Prayer Encounter and the Praying Church Conference and save $10. Total conference price is reduced to $70!