The Leeds Cleantech Cluster Event, on 14 June 2011, is an opportunity for you to discuss cleantech innovation and investment with venture capital investors and key players in the 'Cleantech Cluster' in the Leeds region.
The event will focus specifically on bioenergy and wind in the northeast and the panel will address questions such as:
- what are the options for biomass in the Northeast and to what extent is Drax's investment in bioenergy creating a centre of excellence in the region?
- are the biofuels businesses in the area flourishing and what are the opportunities for biogas from AD (anaerobic digestion) plants in the Northeast?
- wind energy is moving ahead both onshore and offshore: will the region become a wind hub?
Take this opportunity to engage with cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, research institutes and local development agencies by attending this event.
The event will take place at the offices of our sponsor Addleshaw Goddard LLP from 4pm to 7pm and will involve a panel discussion followed by networking drinks. Don't miss out, book your place now.
Geraint Evans – Head of Biofuels and Bioenergy, NNFCC
Neil Evans – Director of Environment & Neighbourhoods, Leeds City Council
Dane Wilkins – Director, Renewable Energy Group, Ernst & Young
Alex Pohl - HSBC Bank
Richard Goodfellow - Addleshaw Goddard LLP
4.00 pm - Registration
4.30 pm - Introduction by Victoria Joy, Addleshaw Goddard LLP
4.35 pm - Panelist presentations
5.05 pm - Panel discussion
5.35 pm - Question and Answer
6.05 pm - Drinks and Networking
7.00 pm - Close
Delegates will include:
* Entrepreneurs - building new cleantech businesses
* Universities/research institutes - cultivating new clean technologies
* Angel investors - seed funding local cleantech start-ups
* Venture capital Investors - financing cleantech innovations
* City/regional administrations - promoting the adoption of clean technologies
* Development agencies - fostering innovation and industry
Cleantech Cluster Events are organised by Cleantech Investor Ltd, the publisher of Cleantech magazine, and Rushlight Events. Cleantech Cluster Events provide a forum for debate and interaction between the many stakeholders involved in a Cleantech Cluster.
Attendance at Cleantech Cluster Events costs £25 (plus VAT) per person.