HAVE YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO TELL YOUR STORIES VIA FILM?
Learn how to write, shoot and edit your own short film.
APPLY TO BE A PART OF OutSet: THE OUTFEST/LIFEWORKS FILM MENTORING PROGRAM!
15 people between the ages of 16-24 will be selected to participate in the film lab from December 2011 through March 2012. You will create a short film that will be screened at Fusion in March and again in the Outfest July festival. Classes take place once a week in the evening and are taught by industry professionals who will be giving you the tools to write, shoot and edit your own film. There is no cost to you!
The application is open from October 15th to November 15th 2011.
If you have questions or need help with your application contact Shari at (213) 480-7092 or firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
1. The Outfest/LifeWorks Film Mentoring Program is for LGBT youth between the ages of 16-24. Individuals are eligible to enter regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
2. The films created in this program will display thematic material regarding gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender persons and/or issues.
3. You will be assigned a mentor who is a filmmaker during the program that will assist you in the process of your coursework and creating a film.
4. The program will take place between December 1st, 2011 and March 31st, 2012. You will need to commit to attending classes one evening a week and also a weekly meeting with your mentor.
5. The application deadline is November 15th, 2011.
6. All entrants will be notified of the results by November 30th, 2011.
7. Any disputes or questions regarding the application or effect of these rules shall be resolved by the Board of Directors of Outfest and Lifeworks, whose judgment shall be binding and final on all parties.