Social Justice Fund for Ventura County -- Ventura County Community Foundation
Friday, January 27, 2012
The 100% Summit:
A Tale of Two Counties - Bridging the Widening Gaps in Ventura County
Join us for a day as local experts explain how national trends are affecting our Ventura County community. Hear personal stories that challenge your assumptions. Make new alliances with activists, leaders, and policy-makers. Collaborate on developing local strategies for co-creating resilient communities.
- Maricela Morales (CAUSE) makes sense of demographic trends & other census data
- Dr. Jamshid Damooei (CLU) addresses the educational achievement gap & other challenges faced by our youth
- Cathy Brudnicki (Executive Director, VC Homeless & Housing Coalition) updates the evolving problem of homelessness
- Dr. Jose Alamillo (CSUCI) illuminates issues confronting the working poor
- Plus youth sharing "stories from the field"
Be part of a dynamic and informative conversation exploring underlying causes and identifying common ground and collaborative strategies for substantive change.
This full day of learning, sharing and building new ways of working together is the work of:
California Lutheran University
- Center for Equality and Justice
- Center for Leadership and Values
California State University—Channel Islands
- Center for Multicultural Engagement
Coastal Alliance for a Sustainable Economy (CAUSE)
Social Justice Fund for Ventura County
Tickets for this rich opportunity to learn, connect, and create are $20; students pay only $5. A light breakfast, box lunch and other refreshments are included.