OSU, Justin Elkington, email@example.com
TSC Hurricane, Richard Beattie, firstname.lastname@example.org
June 4-7, 2012
Morning Session (BOYS & GIRLS): 04s, 03s, 02s, 01s, 00s: 9am-11am each day
Evening Session (GIRLS ONLY): 99s, 98s, 97s, 96s, 95s: 6-8pm each day
Cost for Each Camp: $165
For ALL GIRLS ages U8-U18 and BOYS ages U8-U12. Open to players from ALL clubs!!! (See left for session information)
The coaching sessions & curriculum will be designed by OSU Head Coach Colin Carmichael and OSU Assistant Coach Justin Elkington to challenge players with technical and tactical components of the game. Coach Carmichael is a four-time Big 12 Conference Coach of the Year honoree and has been named the Central Region Coach of the Year three times. Under his guidance, OSU has won nearly 80 percent of its games the last seven seasons and has made six-straight NCAA Championship appearances. The Cowgirls have won four consecutive Big 12 championships and in each of the last two seasons have advanced the Elite 8 of the NCAA tourney and finished ranked No. 5 nationally. Assistant Coach Elkington has been on the OSU staff for three years and in 2011 was named the NSCAA Women’s College Assistant Coach of the Year for the Midwest Region. Elkington turned the Hurricane Futball Club into one of the premier youth soccer clubs in the region as Director of Coaching, he was named the 2008 Youth Girls Soccer Coach of the Year by the Oklahoma Soccer Association. He has also coaches in the Oklahoma Olympic Development Program. Carmichael and Elkington are both USSF “A” Licensed Coaches.
2011 Oklahoma State Cowgirl Soccer Season Superlatives
• Oklahoma State finished the 2011 season with a 22-2-2 record. The 22 wins set the program record for a single season.
• The Cowgirls advanced to the Elite Eight of the NCAA Women’s Soccer Championship for the second consecutive year, becoming just the second team in Big 12 history to achieve that feat.
• OSU finished the season ranked No. 5 in the final NSCAA poll, marking the Cowgirls’ highest-ever national ranking.
• OSU claimed its fourth-straight Big 12 Conference championship by winning the Big 12 regular season title.
• OSU has now won five Big 12 championships in the last nine seasons – three tournament (2003, ’09, ’10) and two regular season (2008, ’11).
• OSU made its sixth-straight appearance in the NCAA Women’s Soccer Championship.
• For the sixth consecutive year, the Cowgirls advanced to at least the second round of the NCAA tourney.
• OSU set a school record with a 21-game unbeaten streak, during which the Cowgirls were 19-0-2. The streak included a run of 15 consecutive wins, which also set a school record.
• OSU’s senior class of Sarah Brown, Elizabeth DeLozier, Colleen Dougherty, Becky Garrett, Krista Lopez, Melinda Mercado, Annika Niemeier and Kyndall Treadwell finished the season as the 4th winningest senior class in the NCAA in 2011. The Cowgirls were 75-14-10 (.808) over the last four seasons. No other Big 12 team won more games during that span.
• OSU led the Big 12 Conference with seven All-Big 12 performers in 2010. Five Cowgirls were named to the All-Big 12 First Team – senior defender Melinda Mercado, senior forward Krista Lopez, senior midfielder Elizabeth DeLozier, junior defender Carson Michalowski and junior goalkeeper AD Franch. Junior Megan Marchesano made the second team as a utility player and senior Kyndall Treadwell was an All-Big 12 Second Team forward.
• OSU head coach Colin Carmichael was named the Big 12 Coach of the Year.
• Senior Melinda Mercado was named the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive year.
• Junior goalie AD Franch was one of 15 semifinalists for the Hermann Trophy for the second-straight year.
• Senior defender Melinda Mercado and junior goalie AD Franch were named to the NSCAA All-America First Team. The duo became the second and third players in OSU history to earn NSCAA First-Team All-America honors.
Your registration and complete payment is an acknowledgement and agreement to the following liability release:
This registered soccer player has been granted permission to attend and participate in and with this camp sponsored by TSC Hurricane and OSU. In exchange for the privilege of the player participating in these activities, I waive any legal claim against those associated with these soccer activities in the event the player is injured while participating in these soccer activities, and travel to and from the same.
I hereby give my consent, in case of injury, to have an athletic trainer, medical doctor, nurse, hospital or clinic to provide the player with medical assistance and/or treatment, and agree to be responsible financially for the reasonable cost of such assistance and/or treatment. I also agree to allow TSC Hurricane or OSU to take photos and advertise those for marketing purposes only on their websites.