Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis (CCPD) is a sophisticated system of diagnostics which relies on the subtleties of the sensations, qualities and structure of the radial artery at both wrists.
CCPD, while having its roots in classical pulse systems, was significantly adapted by Dr. John H.F. Shen over the course of his long and well renowned career having seen hundreds of thousands of patients. After an intensive apprenticeship with Dr. Shen over a period of 28 years, Dr. Leon Hammer took on the arduous task of codifying and continuing the evolution of this pulse system.
Our class instructor, Ross Rosen, is one of a small group of close long-time students of Dr. Leon Hammer and is a senior certified teacher in Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis. He is an executive board member on Dragon Rises Seminars and works closely with Dr. Hammer on a regular ongoing basis.
In this long awaited 3-weekend course, Ross will:
* Impart the underpinnings of this profound diagnostic system;
* Teach foundational theories, 28 pulse positions, 80+ pulse qualities, as well as clinical significance;
* Move students from beginning to intermediate level;
* Provide direct hands-on instruction -- calibrating depths and confirming pulse qualities and sensations;
* Detail Dr. Shen's systems model;;
* Provide live patients and detailed case analyses as well as acupuncture and herbal treatment options;
* Ensure that the material is immediately transferable into one's clinical practice;
* 70% of the class will be dedicated to hands-on pulse instruction and training;
* Participants will receive a detailed 75 page Handbook!
Come learn why the pulse is the hallmark of Chinese medical diagnostics!42 CEUs / NCCAOM PDAs (approved)!
June 2nd - 3rd*
September 22nd - 23rd
October 20th - 21st
*Students who miss the first weekend of the series may only continue with special permission from the instructor.
We have rented a spacious location in Howard County, just steps from the intersection of Rt. 1 and I-195 with easy access from I-95, I-895, I-295 and I-695. Easy access from BWI Airport.
MAS Members: $900
MAS Student Member: $870
Non- MAS Member: $1050
Allied Organization Member: $975
Early Bird Discount for Registration by March 27th, applied at check-out
Refund Request by March 27th: 75% refund
Refund Request by May 5th: 50% refund
No refunds after May 5th; class is a 3 weekend series, therefore no refunds offered for missed weekends.