Washington Re-EDucation Association Presents
Effective Interventions for Children and Youth
with Challenging Behaviors
This training provides frontline staff from education and mental health agencies with effective strategies for working with children & youth presenting challenging behaviors. Evidence based practices are brought to life and made relevant for professionals who want build or enhance their programs! Participants learn to implement these strategies in a variety of clinical and school settings.
Teams are encouraged to attend!
- Introduction to the Therapeutic Re-EDucation philosophical framework
- Working With Troubled Children in Groups
- Meaningful Collaboration
- Understanding the Conflict Cycle
- Implementing Experiential Education Activities
- Evidence-based Instructional Strategies
- Effective Behavior Management Strategies
- Nine Stages Students Experience in the Re-EDucation Process
- Building Structure and Predictability into Your Program
- Social Skills Training for Children and Youth with Social Deficits
- An extensive participant’s manual that will help you bring your new skills back into your professional setting
- 40 hours of high quality instruction and supported practice opportunities in all the key practices & strategies
- An opportunity to a network with like-minded professionals who understand the challenging work you do
- A daily continental breakfast, lunch and afternoon snacks
- Signed certificate of completion to verify your attendance and what you have learned
THE WASHINGTON RE-EDUCATION TRAINERS:
The WAREA trainers embody and skillfully practice the principles of Re-EDucation in their work with troubled children and families. Trainers represent a continuum of care providers ranging from program & classroom consultation to inpatient psychiatric care.
CREDITS & CLOCK HOURS:
3 Seattle Pacific University Graduate Credits or 35 Clock Hours are available for an additional fee.
Only on cancellations prior to July 6, 2012, less $25.00 processing fee.