Out & Equal
WhenMonday April 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM PDT
Friday July 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM PDTAdd to Calendar
Regular registration: $69.95
Gov't/Non-profit registration: $59.95
Building Bridges toward LGBT Diversity (RECORDED)
The Building Bridges Toward LGBT Diversity recorded webinar series is a three-part training course conducted by certified Out & Equal trainers. This program can target senior executives, managers, human resources and diversity professionals, customer service representatives and the general employee population. Although based in corporate training, instructors have also worked with social services, faith communities, governmental and educational settings, and provide relevant examples based on the course attendees.
The course is designed to help employers get the most from all employees. This training fosters increased awareness to develop a healthier and safer workplace where all employees are engaged in the mission of the organization, increasing the level of comfort for all and improving communication between LGBT and straight employees and the customers they serve.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- State the significance of LGBT identity in the context of broader diversity issues
- Evaluate myths and stereotypes about people who identify LGBT
- Discuss the impact of homophobia, biphobia, transphobia and heterosexism on workplace and customer relationships
- Be familiar with the steps to becoming an ally to the LGBT community and workplace equality
Here are the major modules for the course:
Part 1 - LGBT Terminology & Concepts
- Introduction - why this training is needed; a quick look at the history of discrimination in the workplace and outcomes
- History of the LGBT community
- Terminology and concepts around LGBT concepts of birth/assigned sex, gender identity, sexual orientation and gender expression
- Myths & stereotypes of the LGBT community and in the hospitality industry
Part 2 - The Business Case for LGBT Inclusion
- Business case covering national and state laws, company policies/benefits, recruiting, retention, promotion and customer service when employees are fully engaged.
- Being an ally to promote workplace equality
Part 3 - Action Planning
- Action planning for the workplace using internal resources and Out & Equal best practices to identify the next steps for LGBT workplace inclusion
*This course is a pre-requisite for Train the Trainer
Click the link below to register for this series!