ContactSCORE NYC Seminar Committee
SCORE - NYC
WhereScience, Industry and Business Library (SIBL) 188 Madison Avenue
Between East 34th and East 35th Streets
New York City, NY Driving Directions
STARTING AND OPERATING A RESTAURANT OR FOOD SERVICE BUSINESS
Thursday, May 31, 2012 from 10:15 am to 1:15 pm
Opening a restaurant or a food service business is a challenge. Going from the concept to developing your business plan, finding the right location, dealing with the myriad of licensing requirements and then getting financing are just a few of the things you will have to fully address before committing to this venture.
In this seminar we will lead you through the maze of detail you will need to know in order to develop and operate a successful restaurant or food service business. The seminar will be conducted by industry professionals representing many years of experience in operating and servicing the food business.
In this class you will learn:
- What goes into determining the best locations
- The relative advantages of buying an existing establishment or starting from scratch
- Approaches for getting financing
- What permits and licenses are required for the owner and the corporation
- What are the basic equipment requirements
- How to develop restaurant-specific financial projections
William Belida -- restaurant consultant with over 30 years experience in working, managing , opening and owning restaurants in and around New York City.
Elliot Merberg -- devoted his career to supplying restaurants with food products, and later with financing and marketing. SCORE mentor.
Munir Saltoun -- owned and operated a chain of steak restaurants located along the Eastern seaboard. SCORE mentor.