Aurora Learning Community Association
WhenWednesday July 11, 2012 at 8:30 AM CDT
Thursday July 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM CDTAdd to my calendar
South Penn Campus Moore-Norman Tech Center
13301 South Pennsylvania Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
2012 ALCA Conference
Registration is now available for the 2012 ALCA Conference. The conference has been expanded to include two days. The two day conference will better support requests made by administrators and teachers. The Conference is on July 11th and 12th. This coming school year is unique with the combined emphasis on both Teacher Leader Effectiveness (TLE) and Common Core State Standards curriculum implementation.
The 2012 ALCA Conference is tailored for BOTH administrators and classroom teachers.
We encourage district teams composed of both to support reflective dialogue concerning the diverse
workshops and presentations being presented this year.
Nicole's keynote and workshops on July 11th will focus on developing and using formative assessments aligned to Common Core State Standards.
Writing Effective Scoring Guides using Standards Mapping
Imagine creating rubric or test items that are not only aligned to a Common Core State Standard (CCSS), but also to that standard's content, skills, Bloom level, learning targets, big ideas, and essential questions. Consider the data you can have access to for documenting both curriculum and learning. Discover how embedding the unwrapped/unpacked content of a CCSS standard simplifies the process of identifying or creating quality assessments aligned to both standards and curriculum.
Other Conference topics being addressed include:
- Data - Get your Comprehend update and training complete with clearly defined data tasks directly
impacting student learning.
- Standards - Master the Common Core State Standards using concept threads and standards maps,
each a powerful tool for vertical and horizontal alignment.
- Plan - Participate in hands-on Planner workshops for creating and sharing learning tasks aligned
via Common Core standards maps. Discover how you can create standards maps "on the fly" while
creating lesson plans sharable with students and parents.
- Assessment - Focus on the creation and use of standards-mapped test items for benchmarks,
pre- and post-assessment, and real-time assessment using clickers. All of this data flows right
into Comprehend for analysis.
- Curriculum - Participate in hands-on learning of how to use and apply resources in your ALCA
Resource locker. This will include using Common Core ToolKits to streamline the integration of the
Common Core in your existing curricular resources while ensuring strong alignment.
- Strategies - In many of these sessions, we will be modeling research-based strategies to facilitate
retention and collegial feedback.