World Entrepreneurs Network
May 08, 2012-WEN Austin meeting @ CoSpace ATX
This Week’s Topic: Crowdsourcing and the Future of Small Business Capitalization with Robert Segrest
- CoSpace ATX, 911 W. Anderson Lane #203, Austin, TX 78753.
- 911 West Anderson Lane is at the confluence of Anderson Lane, Lamar, and 183.
- We’re in Suite 203, which is upstairs (elevator available), right in the middle of the retail center. Parking is free and there is ample space in back, up front, or even in the covered parking at the east end of the center.
Date/Time: Tues, May 8 @ 6:30 PM Please RSVP due to limited seating
- 6:30- Welcome, introductions, announcements, possible speakers, calendar for meetings
- 7:00 – 8:30 Crowdsourcing and the Future of Small Business Capitalization with Robert Segrest
- An informative presentation and discussion of the impact of new legislation allowing the sale of stock via crowdsourcing.
- Topics will include:
- A brief overview of current business capitalization tools available to small business owners, and their relative merits.
- Explanation of what crowdsourcing is, and how it works.
- Detailed presentation of the law enacted in the JOBS Act of 2012, including the regulatory requirements and limitations imposed.
- Open discussion of the impact of this development on small business capitalization markets.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Your one question / Your need / Networking
Cost: Free Please RSVP Limited seating
Membership: Open to the public - show up to listen or participate
Robert Segrest is part owner and Operations Officer for InTouch Business Services, a small business consulting company in Pflugerville, Texas. After a long career as a small business manager and consultant, Robert attended the University of Texas, obtaining a BA in Government and Communications in 2008. His current project is educating and consulting with small business owners, finance professionals and other interested parties about the impact of the JOBS Act of 2012 on business capitalization.
- Follow us on Twitter @WorldEntNetwork
Affiliate Entrepreneur Group for:
Hill Country Bible Church, Round Rock 50 Plus, Launch Pad Job Club
- Founder/Facilitator: Robert Felps, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-695-4621
- Facilitator/CIO: Clint Eschberger, email@example.com, 512-299-0571
- Facilitator/Kibitzer: Mary Hengstebeck, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-983-7009
- Facilitator/Admin: Bronwyn Kutsch, email@example.com, 512-851-3184
- Facilitator: Glenn Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-413-2169