E X H A L E
Trauma themed educational retreat for front line workers
October 17th, 2012, 8:30 - 3:30
Lions Hall, 347 Burnham,
$150 + hst includes coffee, tea and snacks, a healthy lunch, parking and all handout materials.
Comes with room to breatheYou will leave with:
- A deeper understanding of trauma, its complexities and demands
- Strategies for engaging with your clients during particularly stressful moments.
- Practical tools for staying grounded and present in difficult moments with clients and colleagues
- A rejuvenated sense of compassion for difficult clients.
You will be grounded, more able to 'be' with clients, self and family, more able to be present to 'do the work'.
*Facilitated by Tom Regehr of CAST Canada. - Tom is a popular facilitator, speaker and educator on issues of Trauma and Addictions. He uses a gentle, frank approach to deliver truths with honesty and humour.
*With Caroline Owen, BA, E-RYT of Wavelengths Yoga Studio - Caroline has studied Yoga therapy in India for extended periods of time. She is both a yoga therapist, teacher and teacher trainer. As well as heavily emphasizing her practice on breath work, mantra (chanting), visualization, and positive thinking, she has great energy and a skill of asking the right questions.
*And with Becca Partington of CAST Canada. - Becca has direct experience in frontline work as a helping professional such as yourself. She is also experienced both professionally and personally on issues of caregiver stress and the inherent need to be grounded within your work.
During the day we will draw on:
- CAST Canada educational material developed over years of conversations with Ontario front line workers like you
- Yoga principles
- The personal and professional experience of you, the participants
The day will include:
- Tea, snacks and introduction
- Open and interactive discussion about trauma, how it affects the client, you the worker ...
- Educational material from CAST Canada, chosen by consensus, delivered by story, concluded with discussion
- A gentle, yoga session developed by Caroline based on the prticipants needs as they are identified.
- A fresh, lovely lunch
- An understanding of cumulative loss, ongoing exposure to stress, tools to help with clients who are 'perpetually angry and profoundly stuck'
-Yoga principles to help approach difficult things in your work and life, to help bring balance, to honour your existing knowledge and skills.
- Grounding exercises to take with you into your office environment
647 George St N., Peterborough, ON 705 -749-6145
Comes with room to breathe.