AIA Philadelphia Associates Committee
215 701 9319
WhenTuesday June 12, 2012 at 1:00 PM EDT
Saturday July 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM EDTAdd to my calendar
WherePhiladelphia Center for Architecture AIA Associates Committee
1218 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107 Driving Directions
2012 SKETCH SHOWDOWN
hosted by AIA Philadelphia Associates
ARE YOU AN ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN STUDENT OR PROFESSIONAL?
Show off your fierce sketching to the architecture and design community!
- Winners will be selected in three (3) categories: White Paper Cocktail Napkin, Mixed Medium, and Student.
- Winners and finalists will be exhibited at the AIA Bookstore - Washington Square, located on 7th and Sansom Streets, Philadelphia, PA.
- Winners and finalists will be featured on the professional design feedback site The Designated Sketcher (http://thedesignatedsketcher.com) in the online Sketch Gallery.
- Winners will receive $25 gift card to the AIA Bookstore & Design Center and used on the official AIA Philadelphia Associates Committee/Young Architects Forum postcards.
- Unleash your sketch genius to a 5 inch by 5 inch white paper cocktail napkin.
- Not feeling the white paper cocktail napkin? Submit your sketch on a 5 inch by 5 inch piece on mylar, vellum, cardboard, or any other fibrous material for our Mixed Medium category.
- Sketches should be architecture-oriented drawn specifically for this competition.
- Use ink or ballpoint pen on all white paper cocktail napkin entries. Mixed Medium category is open to other mediums not to exceed 1/16 of inch from the surface.
- Submissions are limited to six (6) sketches per registrant. Make sure to number and include your name on the back of your entry. Considering your submissions as a series? Please include instructions for placement in exhibition with your mailed entries.
- Register online using the "Register Now!" link below.
- Registration Fee: $5 per participant. All high school student registrants: FREE.
- All sketches must be postmarked by July 20, 2012, and sent to:
Center for Architecture
AIA Associates Committee
1218 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- For more information or questions email email@example.com.