National Lighthouse Museum
WhenSaturday August 25, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM EDT
Rain Date, Sunday, August 26, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PMAdd to my calendar
WhereMidland Beach Picnic Grounds Fr. Capodanno Blvd. & Lincoln Ave.
Staten Island, NY 10306 Driving Directions
Co-Sponsored by the National Lighthouse Museum & NYC Parks
What You’ll Need to Do:
- Create a team: you’ll need a driver and navigators/photographers/assistants (at least one other person). Cyclists welcomed! (modified route)
- Receive instructions at the Midland Beach Picnic Grounds at 9:30 am and follow clues to locations of Lighthouses across Staten Island
- Check in with "greeters" as you complete the lighthouse circuit by car. The hunt could take 3-4 hours.
- Have fun and learn about lighthouses as you complete the challenge!
After the Lighthouse Hunt, gather at Midland Beach Picnic Grounds on the sand for a beach party, and lunch.
- DJ, Dancing, Prizes, and Raffles
- Receive your Hunt Completion Award and share stories of the hunt.
- See Master Sand Sculptor Matt Long create a lighthouse sculpture in sand. BONUS: The first 25 teams to register through this site will receive a set of sand-sculpting tools donated by Matt Long (one set per team).
- Enter a Lighthouse Sand Building Contest hosted by the Children's Cord Blood Bank & Research Foundation