NH State Council on the Arts Catherine.R.O'Brian@dcr.nh.gov 603-271-0795
Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire
The conference, presented by the NH State Council on the Arts and partners around the state, brings big thinkers to New Hampshire for an exchange of ideas among school administrators, arts educators, teaching artists, arts advocates, scientists, parents and community arts supporters.
Day 1: Friday, October 19, AVA Gallery & Art Center, Lebanon
Day 2: Saturday, October 20, Kearsarge Regional Middle School, North Sutton
Conference agenda: Click here to download.
Conference programs and workshop descriptions:
Click here to download a full-color version with photos.
Click here to download a black-and-white version..
Conference rate (Friday & Saturday programs plus morning coffee & lunch): $130. One day: $105. Scholarships are still available for educators who are first-time attendees; reduced rates are also available for college students and for participants from the Kearsarge district.
.Conference highlights include:
• Keynote speaker: Sandra Ruppert, Executive Director, National Arts Education Partnership. Learn about ArtsEdSearch, the nation’s first online arts education research and policy clearinghouse.
• Presentation & media arts workshop: Colleen Macklin, Associate Professor, Design and Technology, Parsons the New School for Design and Design Director of PETLab, a project of Games for Change and Parsons, supported by the MacArthur Foundation
• STEM to STEAM (STEM + Art & Design = STEAM):
A conversation with professional artists, scientists and educators about the essential role of Art & Design in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).-- presented in partnership with Dartmouth College, Office of the Provost.
• Arts Advocacy Luncheon with a celebratory launch of The New Hampshire Arts Learning Network & website
• Workshops & Seminars • Information on Grants Opportunities • Arts Education Best Practices & Model Programs • Exhibits of Artists in Residence Projects • updates on emerging standards for Media Arts • Leadership & Arts Advocacy • Discussion of current and emerging issues in arts education • Post conference dine-abouts & arts experiences in the Upper Valley • Meet teaching artists from NH and New England.
CEUs awarded for professional development.
Partial scholarships are available for full- and part-time teachers in NH public schools. You can download the scholarship application form from the sidebar.
Want to stay nearby overnight? Click here for information on a special offer from the Follansbee Inn.