WhenThursday September 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM EDT
Friday September 14, 2012 at 4:30 PM EDTAdd to my calendar
Hot Topics in Immigration Program Management Training
This two-day training is focused on strategic program management and capacity development topics. The curriculum will include elements of CLINIC’s highly praised Immigration Program Management training but extend beyond it for more advanced learning opportunities. The training will draw from these advanced areas:
- Group application workshop models for unexpected changes in immigration law or policy such as Deferred Action for DREAMers. Each participant will practice the workshop model and create a workshop plan for her or his program.
- Measuring program outcomes for fundraising and marketing effectiveness. Participants will learn a logic model and apply it to designing a project and spotlighting outcomes which are attractive to many funders.
- Program management challenges and ethical dilemmas with proposed solutions. Participants will learn from actual and hypothetical cases and share their own experiences.
- BIA Recognition and Accreditation. Participants will learn about unique opportunities for volunteers to contribute to your program and how to prepare for changes in the recognition and accreditation process.
- Open forum for participants to raise issues, ask questions and share good practices that are replicable.
The training is highly interactive. Participants will leave with useful and customized tools to help them create or improve immigration legal services.