Orefice and Caliri CPAs
Monday October 1, 2012 at 5:30 PM EDT
Monday November 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM ESTAdd to my calendar
East Bay Chamber of Commerce
16 Cutler Street, Ste 102
Warren, RI 02885
QuickBooks For the Beginner
Learn QuickBooks® from a local Certified Expert!
Hands-on instruction using our state of the art computers!
$449 Per 6-Class Session (includes textbook) to view textbook, click here
Register Early, only 10 seats available!
Join us for a 6 week, 15 hour introduction to QuickBooks Financial Software. Each weekly class will be taught hands on using our state of the art computers. Each of the 6 classes is 2 1/2 hours and will cover the basic functions of QuickBooks version 2012 Software. Classes will meet on Monday evenings, 10/1, 10/8, 10/15, 10/29,11/5 & 11/12. from 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM. Please note: There will no class on 10/21.
- Introduction to QuickBooks - Learn about the different versions to choose from including industry specific versions such as Accountants, Non-Profit, Retail, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Contractor and Professional Services. Learn which features are included in each version and how to choose the right one for your company or clients. We also discuss the different types of file extentions used in QuickBooks software and how to recognize them. This lesson also includes a brief explanation of common accounting terms and principles.
- Getting Around the Program - Heather will introduce you to the different menu options in QuickBooks and how to navigate the program. You will learn tips and tricks to make data entry easier and learn shortcuts to different functions within the program. You will learn to customize your home page and manage your preference and program settings.
- Using and Modifying Lists - QuickBooks lists are the backbone of the program and Intuit has recently added fabulous tools that allow you to add, modify and delete list entries easily. You will learn to import contact lists from other programs including excel and other QuickBooks files.
- Working with Bank Accounts - Learn to manage your banking information with ease. This lesson teaches the user to set up and reconcile their bank account information. You will learn how to use the registers in QuickBooks and easy tips to help you record banking transactions such as checks, deposits and bank transfers. You will also learn how to manage your credit cards in QuickBooks.
- Entering Sales Information - There are many different ways to record sales transactions in QuickBooks software and we will explore each of them. Whether you create invoices for your customers or clients to be paid at a later date or you receive your payment at time of sale using sales receipts, we will learn the different methods of billing and collections available.
- Receiving Payments & Deposits - As there are different billing methods in QuickBooks, there are also several different ways to record customer payments and deposits. We will learn to create and apply credit memos and generate refunds to customers. We will learn how to modify deposits to reflect bank errors and account for "cash back" deposits.
- Entering and Paying Bills - QuickBooks helps small business owners manage their cash flow with its built in Accounts Payable function. Learn to enter bills to be paid later to your vendors either individually or in batches. Learn to account for vendor credits and refunds.
- Analyzing Financial Data - The final session of our class is dedicated to the reporting function in QuickBooks. QuickBooks has a wide variety of reports available to users. We will learn about the reporting options in QuickBooks, including the industry specific reports available in the Premier products. Learn to design a report to give you information pertinant to your business. We will learn to memorize reports so that they can be easily generated for later use. We will also learn to export reports to excel so that they can be further modified.
Throughout the sessions, Heather offers guidance to each student and offers tips and tricks to make your QuickBooks experience as easy as possible! And due the small class size (maximum of 10 students), students are able to ask specific questions relative to their business.
To Learn more about Heather Satterley and Orefice and Caliri, CPAs
Visit our website at www.oreficeandcaliri.com