Dance Expressions Unlimited
Kid Zone - Saturday September 29, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM EDTAdd to my calendar
Kid Zone Events (age 4-12 approx) ..... Workshops (age 12+)
For the Kids (ages 4-12) - KID ZONE
Kids and parents have always raved about our holiday kid events ... the Halloween Party, Happy Holidays Concert, Drop Off & Shop, Valentine's Night Out, and Candyland. This year, we are expanding our fun events with 4 seasonal Kid Zone events. Our Kid Zone events, like our summer programs, are carefully planned with arts & crafts, movement, games, poems, music, dancing and more - all relating to the theme. Kid Zone coordinators are teachers and student assistants at Dance Expressions Unlimited - they know your children and have gone through the Dance Teacher Prep Course so they are adept with classroom management. The events are fun, fast paced and engaging.
- Scarecrow Soiree - Sat. Sept. 29th from noon to 5pm (scarecrows, pumpkins, apples, harvest and fall ....)
- Gingerbread Jamboree - Sun. Dec. 2nd from noon to 5pm (Nutcracker tea, reindeer games, ornaments, gingerbread ....)
- Candyland - Sat. Feb. 16th from noon to 5pm (all new - we had so many projects last year and didn't do them all! - crafts and food creations at each stop in our self-designed Candyland game)
- Jelly Bean Jam - Sat. Apr. 16th from noon to 5pm (jelly beans, flowers, chicks, and all things spring)
Enjoy the afternoon ... shop ... prepare for the holidays ... tackle those projects you've put off ... we'll have a great time with the kids. A lot of planning and experience goes into our events, workshops and camps - register today!
SAVINGS FOR YOU!
- Register by Sept. 29th for all 4 Kid Zone events and receive $20.00 off (nearly one Kid Zone free). OR
- Refer a friend for any Kid Zone and receive $5.00 off your Kid Zone registration
Minimum of 6 participants required.
For the Big Kids (int/adv girls) - WORKSHOPS
We haven't forgotten about the bigger kids (intermediate and advanced dancers) .... we are scheduling workshops the same days as the Kid Zone events. Student assistants can then coordinate volunteer time with a workshop for themselves - one stop/one day!
- Composition - Sat. Sept. 29th from 10:30am-noon (Exploring the elements of dance
(time, space, and energy) to learn to create effective choreography - perfect for those creating dances for the holiday concert!)
- Flash Taps - Sun. Dec. 2nd from 10:30am-noon (Rhythm ditties, flash steps, and speed exercises galore!)
- Dance Imagery - Sat. Feb. 16th from 10:30am-noon (Gear up for recital season and find
imagery to boost your technique and performance in class and on stage!)
- Stretch & Strengthen - Sat. Apr. 16th from 10:30am-noon (Techniques to strengthen the core and improve flexibility using therabands, pinky balls, and exercise balls.)
Register by Sept. 29th for all 4 Worskhops and receive $20.00 off (one free) - Minimum of 6 participants required.