WhereSeaTac - confirmation will include venue details
TLC Youth Summit
Do you want to:
- help shape how we talk about relationships in Washington State?
- prevent violence in your community?
- develop your leadership and activism skills?
If so, join the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence’s Teen Leadership Council (TLC)!
TLC teens will:
- Promote healthy teen relationships in your community;
- Act as advisors to WSCADV and our membership
- Come to the TLC Youth Summit on Saturday, November 10, 2012 in SeaTac to learn about healthy and unhealthy teen relationships, develop your leadership style, learn how to talk to the media, and create prevention activities! (Make sure you can attend this event! It’s required for TLC teens);
- Actively participate in the TLC for a two-year term beginning November 2012.
Benefits to being a part of the TLC:
- Be part of a statewide effort to promote healthy teen relationships and prevent violence;
- Earn a small stipend ($!) for your prevention activities; and
- Earn Service Learning/Community Service credits and references for job or college applications.
Participants must be between the ages of 13-19 at the time of registration.
Please note: WSCADV will accept TLC participants based on our interest in having diverse representation (age, geography, gender, race/ethnicity). We will let you know if you have been selected to attend the November 10, 2012 TLC kickoff event by October 15, 2012.