OSCF 2013 STATE QUALIFIER
Saturday, February 16, 2013
Check In for Open and U1300 Sections: 8:30 - 8:45
Start Time: 9:00 am End Time: ~5:30 pm
Check In U900 and U600 Sections: 9:30 - 9:45
Start Time: 10:00 am End Time: ~4:30 pm
Cost: $15.00 per player through February 12th
Add $10 late fee Feb. 13-14-15
Scholarships available based on need - contact TD
Register by clicking above, or through www.OSCF.org
Sorry - NO ON-SITE REGISTRATION
Please bring a chess clock if you have one. Boards and pieces will be provided.
- In the U600 and U900 sections, trophies will be given to the top 25% finishers. Plus score awards.
- In the U1300 section, cash prizes for top three places; cash prizes will be divided equally among equal-scoring players as follows: $75 / $40 / $25. Trophies to best-scoring U1100 players.
- In the Open / 1300+ section, cash prizes to be divided equally among equal-scoring players as follows: $100 / $70 / $40.
- Cash prizes based on 100 total registrations, modified at the discretion of the organizer.
- Where necessary, computer tie-breaks (SCO) will be used.
Two Three substantial sportsmanship trophies to be given.
- Team awards to top 3 teams (by top 3 scores) in U600, U900, and U1300 sections.
For beginning (K-4) unrated players and players rated < 600. This division will be split into smaller sections based on number of registrants and rating, or grade level. 5 round Swiss, G/30, NWSRS rated only. Notation is not required. Clocks will be used only if both players agree or if the tournament director assigns a clock.
For intermediate (5-12) unrated players and players rated 600 – 899. This division will be split into smaller sections based on number of registrants and rating, or grade level if unrated. 5 round Swiss, G/30, NWSRS rated only. Notation is not required, but strongly encouraged. Clocks may be assigned and must be used if a director or player brings one to the table and the players both agree to use one.
For advanced players rated 900 - 1299. This section may be divided based on number of registrants and rating. 5 round swiss, G/40+5, NWSRS rated only. Notation required; clocks must be used, and players should bring them.
- Open / U1300+
For the most advanced players, and all players rated 1300+ in either USCF or NWSRS rating system. Four (4) round swiss, G/60 +5. Notation and clocks required. For initial placement in the section, we will use the higher of NWSRS or USCF rating. Dual rated (NWSRS and USCF); USCF membership required (new USCF memberships ($16-$24/yr., depending on age) and renewals are available online at www.uschess.org.).