Colorado Department of Human Services / Division of Colorado Works
WhenFriday February 8, 2013
at 8:30 AM
toFriday February 8, 2013
at 4:30 PM Add to Calendar
WhereDenver Human Services 3815 Steele St.
Denver, CO 80205 Driving Directions
Family Violence Option -- February 8, 2013
Family Violence Option (FVO) is a one-day class delivered by staff from the Colorado Department of Human Services' Domestic Violence Program (DVP). The course is required for all county workers who perform assessments, and includes an overview of domestic violence dynamics (DV 101), as well as a review of the technical aspects of conducting assessments. The top five objectives of this training are:
- To gain a general understanding of the dynamics of violent relationships.
- To identify ways in which domestic violence impacts an individual's ability to become self-sufficient.
- To understand how to screen program participants for domestic violence.
- To learn the use of the correct forms utilized when a victim needs to implement the Family Violence Option.
- To learn how to refer program participants to local domestic violence resources.