Forest Park Elementary
9935 NW Durrett St.
Portland, OR 97229
Please park on Miller St. or in the school parking lots located in the front or back of the school.
Forest Park Chess Club
Forest Park Tournament 2013
OSCF 2013 STATE QUALIFIER
Saturday, March 2, 2013
Check In: 8:00 - 9:00
Start Time: Depends on section End Time: 4:00 pm
$20.00 per player thru Wednesday February 27, 2013
Late registration is $30 per player thru Thursday, February 28, 2013.
Please bring chess clocks if you have them.
(Boards and pieces will be provided.)
Trophies will be given to the top five finishers in each section except the Elite section. Sportsmanship awards in each section. Computer tie-breaks (SCO).
Team trophies will be awarded in each section except the Elite Section.
Date: Saturday, March 2, 2012
Location: Forest Park Elementary
9935 NW Durrett St
Portland, Or 97229
Category: OR-OSCF Champ. Qualifiers
The tournament is open to all players of all playing levels and it is Forest Park’s second annual tournament. It is run as an individual tournament to reward individual performance, as well as a team-based tournament, where awards are given on the basis of top two scores from any team.
• All K-12 players of all levels are welcome to play.
• This tournament is NWSRS rated. No annual membership fee or prior tournament playing experience required. Elite section NWSRS dual-rated.
• Participation in this tournament counts towards the OSCF State Championship tournament attendance requirements.
• All sections are NWSRS rated. Latest NWSRS ratings will be used for pairings.
• Ties will be broken by computer only (Tie break order- Solkoff, Cumulative, Opponent’s cumulative)
• Bring clocks, notation (if you have) & pen/pencil. (Boards, sets & limited amount of notation paper provided.)
• Parents/coaches bring portable chairs & books etc. to keep busy between rounds.
• 100% Pre-Registered Event. No on-site registrations accepted. Online registration through www.oscf.org
• Entry deadline is 11:59 pm PST, Wednesday, 2/27/13. Cost is $20. Late registration is offered on Thursday 2/28/13. The cost is $30. No extensions will be given after that time.
Online registration strongly recommended: www.oscf.org (Select Online Registration on left menu bar).
Payment: Please send your check or money order payable to: (Please note player name & section)
Forest Park PTA – Chess Club
3208 NW Spencer St.
Portland, Or 97229
All entries on or after 2/27/13 must pay on site.
ELITE SECTION up to 16 players (Dual Rated) - CASH PRIZES - Top sixteen entries by NWSRS rating. Prizes will be awarded by tie breaks, 1st Place: $100: 2nd: $50; 3rd: $30. 4 Rounds, G/50 + 5sec delay. Elite section starts promptly at 8am. Check in 15 minutes beforehand. Don't be late. Players will be notified of their participation in this section by Friday, March 1 @ 7pm.
ELITE SECTION OVER 1300 NWSRS
ADVANCED SECTION ("Kings" 1100-1299 Five Rounds, G/40 + 5sec delay. Check in at 8am, starts at 8:30am.
INTERMEDIATE SECTIONS - Five Rounds, G/35 + 5sec delay. (Players get free NWSRS rating). Check in from 8-8:30am, starts at 9:00am.
"ROOKS" (Intermediate A) (900-1099 NWSRS rated) Notation required.
"KNIGHTS" (Intermediate B) (700-899 NWSRS or 7-12 grade unrated) Notation recommended.
NOVICE SECTIONS - Five Rounds, G/25 + 5sec delay. (Players get free NWSRS rating) Check in from 9-9:30am, starts promptly at 10:00am.
"BISHOPS" (K-6): (U699 NWSRS or 4-6th Grade unrated)
"PAWNS" (K-3): (U600 NWSRS or K-3rd Grade unrated)
Individual Awards: Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & Plus Score Awards (3 points or higher)
TEAM AWARDS: Trophies for top 2 teams (top three scores per team) in each section (except Elite section)
Contact: April Lutz
Phone: 503 804-9875