Under the Microscope: The Right to Bear Arms & The Second Amendment
Approved for 2.0 Florida Bar General CLE Credits
Registration begins at 11:30 a.m.
Hot lunch by Corporate Caterers courtesy of U.S. Legal Support.
Program begins at 11:45 a.m.
Introduction - Moderator, Paul Owens, Orlando Sentinel
Senator David Simmons, - Florida Senate
- Florida/US gun owner rights
- Florida/US gun owner responsibilities
- Explanation of the Second Amendment
- Executive Order v. Legislative Process
- Florida Gun statistics
- Evolution of Florida’s gun laws
Aruthur Hayhoe-Executive Director of the Florida Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
- 1986 Federal Gun Control act (as amended)
- State gun control laws
- Our Presidents gun control agendas
Sean Carranna-Executive Director of Florida Carry, Inc.
- Founding Fathers intent-right to bear arms
- Current state laws-regulated v. ltd regulated
- History of gun confiscation
Questions & Answers from the Audience - Moderator
$40 OCBA Members / $50 Non-Members / $35 Student/Government
Payment due by 5/22/13
Mail checks made payable to Orange County Bar Association (OCBA):
Orange County Bar Association c/o Candice Disorbo, 880 N. Orange Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32801.
Credit card payments are also accepted and integrated into the registration process. To RSVP for the seminar, please press "Register Now" and follow the prompts.