Workforce Good Faith Efforts Training
MnDOT cordially invites you to attend our "Workforce Good Faith Efforts Training".
The agenda includes:
- Introduction to "Diversity in the Highway Heavy Construction Workforce - Strategic Plan for 2020
- FHWA video "Non-Discrimination Requirements on Construction Contracts"
- Overview of the Workforce Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Compliance Program
- Good Faith Efforts, Moving Beyond A-O: Develop an EEO plan, put it into action and fully document all steps taken to reach employment goals:
- EEO policy dissemination - Positive attitudes and getting the message
- Recruitment strategies - Partnerships, resources and targeted efforts; brainstorming ways to obtain a diverse pool of qualified applicants
- Personnel practices - Documenting outreach, tracking applicants, training, upgrading and building the workforce of tomorrow
- Required forms and procedures - Filing the right information at the right time, according to MnDOT EEO special provisions
- Determination of compliance status - Spot checks, compliance reviews, complaint investigations and how to know if your company is in compliance
- Recruitment resource tool overview