SCORE Harrisburg Chapter
1st Session: Wednesday May 22, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM EDT Successive sessions will be the following 4 Wednesday evenings for a total of 5.
Add to Calendar
Murata Business Center
453 Lincoln Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
Important! Please Note
Seating Space is limited to the first 20 registrants. This 5 session event is being offered to small businesses in operation less that 3 years and entrepreneurs seriously planning their startup.
Please be aware that we will close registration the Friday before the event. We must have a minumum of 10 registrants or we will cancel the event and refer any registrants to the next summer program.
We would like you to attend the first session Free. If it is not for you, that's ok. Just let us know. If you are going to continue, you can pay the $49 at that time by cash, check or credit card.
We ask that attendees please plan to attend all sessions and provide the intructors with feedback and evaluation of the program.
Much of the work on your businesses will be done outside the sessions. A SCORE mentor will be available to provide assistance that you may need.
If you have questions, the best way to get fast answers is to email us at email@example.com.
Thank you. We're looking forward to working with you.
SCORE Simple Steps to Starting Your Business
What You will Get from this Workshop
The Simple Steps for Starting Your Business is conducted by experienced business people and designed to take you through your planning process for learning what you need to know about business through development of a marketing plan, financial plan, pulling it into a business plan then exploring financing options.
- Session 1 – Start-up Basics This introductory workshop focuses on the basics of testing your business idea and identifying the key factors that influence start-up success. Start-up Basics provides you with an overview of the skills and tools you need when deciding to start a business. In this session, you learn about: the advantages and disadvantages of owning a business, the most profitable form for your business, and the fundamentals of formation, organization, marketing, cash flow and funding sources.
- Session 2 – Marketing Plan The third workshop provides you with an introduction to marketing communication methods and tools to maximize your customer reach. The discussion in the Marketing Plan workshop covers pricing strategies, positioning, the difference between features and benefits, and different marketing strategies. At the end of this session, you will know how to: outline your marketing strategy, test your marketing message, choose the right sales channel, and exercise your marketing strategy.
- Session 3 – Financial Projections The fourth workshop uses exercises to help you better understand financial concepts. This session reviews sales and prices, financial risks and rewards, true start-up costs, ongoing operating expenses, setting benchmarks for tracking progress and the organization of all your financial information. Using a hands-on approach, you learn how to use our financial model to forecast sales revenues.
- Session 4 – Business Plan The fourth workshop focuses on your concept and bringing the business plan together with your capital needs and profit forecast. It will prepare you to discuss financing alternatives in Session 5.
- Session 5 – Funding Sources The final workshop offers information on how to finance your small business. In this session, discussions include sources of funds, accounting the six C's of credit, banking relations, ratio analysis, and monthly preparation and review of financial statements. A bank loan officer will give an inside view of how a banker assesses the merits of business plans and loan application. At the end of the series, you have all of the tools necessary to decide whether or not to launch your small business.