Sunday September 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM PDT
Thursday September 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM PDTAdd to Calendar
Strawberry Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast26370 Highway 243
Idyllwild, CA 92549 Driving Directions
Amy Friedman (Instructor)
Strawberry Creek Inn (venue)
- Standard Room*: $1,029.04
- Courtyard Room*: $1,205.04
- Deluxe Room*: $1,249.04
- Cottage*: $1,643.44
- Day Student: $675 (meals included)
(Includes all applicable taxes)
*While not guaranteed, sharing a room with another student may be a possibility. As an example, sharing a Courtyard Room will reduce the cost per participant by $238 (plus tax). Click here to be contacted if someone else is interested in sharing a room. You may also go ahead and register at the single occupancy price and ask to be notified if a room-sharing option becomes available. We may make day-student options available (group meals required) starting July 15, 2013 if space is still available at that time. Click here to be added to the Day Student Interest List.
A Highly Specialized Writing Retreat
You've labored for months--or years--and you've finally produced (or almost produced) enough material for a first (or second, or third) draft. Now what? This intense, hands-on, working retreat will answer that question and give you everything you need to move forward towards a publishable manuscript.
This Retreat is for you if:
- You have a draft of a book (or a good portion of one).
- You're seeking a roadmap for future drafts and publication.
- You're inspired by beautiful surroundings and a combination of solitude, community and expert guidance.
- Five days and four nights of hands-on instruction, workshopping, individual consultation, and time alone in inspiring and nurturing surroundings.
- Single-occupancy lodging in a charming, individually decorated room, in the beautiful mountain town of Idyllwild, California.
- A full gourmet breakfast each morning.
- A unique literary-themed dinner each evening.
You'll Walk Away With:
- A roadmap for your next draft(s)
- A working schedule and tools to use along the way
- Avenues for publication
About the Instructor:
Amy Friedman is the author of three memoirs, six books for children, innumerable stories, articles and essays, and the internationally syndicated newspaper feature Tell Me a Story.
A long-time teacher, Amy received her M.A. from City College, New York and has been teaching for more than 25 years. She currently teaches memoir and personal essay at UCLA Extension, The Skirball Cultural Arts Center, PEN in the Classroom, and Idyllwild School of the Arts Summer Program.
Amy is also a co-author, ghost-writer, and editor. Her co-authored memoir with Anne Willan, One Soufflé at a Time: A Memoir of Food and France, will be published in August 2013
Her latest memoir, Desperado’s Wife, will soon be featured on Katie (with Katie Couric).
"Like an urban gardener, clearing off needles and broken bottles from rich soil, Amy Friedman finds the story behind the story. As an editor, she has the rare ability to nurture, clarify, and enhance the creative process in others, without letting her experience drown out still burgeoning voices. Amy is there from bud to blossom." ~Lauren Marks, author, A Stitch of Time: Portrait of a Mind in Constructionand PEN USA Emerging Voices Fellow 2011