A professional development workshop exploring innovative ways to use the arts
to teach, document & celebrate environmental literacy in & out of school
Monday, May 6, 9 am to 3 pm
Cost: $20 (BYO lunch); $15 for AANNH members
Margret & H.A. Rey Center, Waterville Valley
Information: 603-323-7302 email@example.com
* Open to: K-12 educators, staff/volunteers of environmental organizations & nature centers, parents, artists & all interested community members.
* Participate in hands-on indoor & outdoor activities that highlight the ways an interdisciplinary, arts-infused approach can achieve the goals of the NH Environmental Literacy Plan.
* Use a template we’ve developed to work on organizing arts activities, environmental experiences & Common Core Standards, balancing meaningful student engagement with school scheduling & assessment needs.
* We encourage teams to attend who might be interested in developing an EL through Arts project for next fall. We will provide support for these projects from planning through implementation.
* Professional development credit will be offered.
Cynthia Robinson, teaching eco artist
Lori Jean Kinsey, Education Director, Tin Mountain Conservation Center
Leigh Ann Reynolds, Education Coordinator, The Rey Center
If you would like to attend, but can't afford the fee, please contact us.