Every year we dedicate our Walk to a special animal who represents the many animals that came to our shelter or that we rescued from a cruelty situation. This year Walk for Animals is dedicated to Eli - (formally Blane) neglect case #235993. Read his story in our brochure.
Headwaters Park East in Downtown Fort Wayne
333 South Clinton Street
Under the Lincoln Financial Pavilion
Fort Wayne, IN 46802
Walk for Animals
Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control
Visit vendor booths to see a variety of pet friendly businesses and the services and products they represent. Products may be available for sale from vendors.
Honor a beloved pet by bringing a photo to place on our Paws to Remember Memorial Board under the pavilion. This is a free feature to honor those we have lost but not forgotten.
Bottled water will be provided for people near the vendor stations. We thank PetSupplies Plus, our home of Kitty City, for providing bowls of water for animals at the pavilion and along the route.
Gateway Grill will have food for sale at the Walk.
Sunday, October 13th, 11:30 a.m. at Headwaters Park East
A 2-mile walk to end animal cruelty and neglect through education and outreach.
Come with or without a dog. Come rain or come shine. Just come and have fun!
How to Participate:
Step 1: Everyone Registers and Everyone Collects Pledges:
Help us reach our goal of collecting $100 per person. The more you raise the better your chance will be for winning one of our Grand Prizes. Print a brochure and pledge sheet.
- $35.00 total per person. You will receive a shirt style based on the total dollar amount that you raise as an individual. If you are joining a Dog Pack, enter as an individual.
- $120 total per family from one address. All family members receive a T-shirt in this category.
Step 2: Pre-registration has been extended to September 30th!
- Pay Registration Fees At the Door After September 30th. After you complete the online form and submit, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to pay online.
- You can pay for multiple people online, and list their names in the comments section of the payment form.
- You can also mail your registration form and check to the shelter or drop it off at the shelter - marked Walk For Animals
Step 3: Come to the Walk on Sunday, October 13th
- Turn in any additional pledges raised beginning at 11:30 a.m. under the Lincoln Pavilion at Headwaters Park East. Checks are preferred to expedite the event. Shirt sizes may be limited, so don’t come late.
Six fantastic prize packages are awarded based on dollar amounts raised.
Grand Prize Adult Grand Prize Youth (age 17 or under) Grand Prize Family
First Place Winner Second Place Winner Third Place Winner
Go For The Gold:
Ask any business for a donation of $100 or more and we will thank them with a certificate of appreciation for their contribution to the cause.
Dog Pack Teams: $35 minimum pledge per person
Any group of four or more people can be a Dog Pack. Organize friends, family, or a group of co-workers. Name your Pack and take on the spirit of the day, raising money to prevent animal neglect and suffering. Dog Packs will be positioned at the front of the Walk and are invited to double the fun by carrying a banner or wearing shirts or hats that promote their Pack's efforts.