Friday August 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM PDT
Sunday August 11, 2013 at 11:00 AM PDTAdd to Calendar
Strawberry Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast26370 Highway 243
Idyllwild, CA 92549 Driving Directions
Antioch University Los Angeles--MFA Program
310/578-1080 ext. 202
Cost per Alum (max occupancy): Single/Double* Occupancy
Strawberry Creek Inn (on-site):
- Standard Room(2): $543.04/$456.14
- Courtyard Room(2): $631.04/$500.14
- Deluxe Room(2): $653.04/$511.14
- Cottage(4): $763.04/$566.14
Strawberry Creek Bunkhouse (off-site--0.9 miles away):
- Bunkhouse Queen(2): $532.24/$456.34
- Bunkhouse Queen+Twin(3): $554.24/$467.34
- Bunkhouse Queen+2Twins(4): $576.24/$478.34
- Bunkhouse 2 Queens(4): $576.24/$478.34
- Forest Hideaway Cabin(4): $620.24/$500.34
- Woodland Vista Cabin(2): $708.24/$544.34
Cost includes all applicable taxes.
*Double Occupancy refers to 2 alumni sharing a room. For spouse/significant other/family pricing, add $119.24 per extra person to the Single Occupancy rate (to cover meals), up to the maximum allowed occupancy for each room type. If you are interested in attending but may not be able to due to the extra cost for bringing a spouse or other family member, contact the Program Chair (Steve Heller) to discuss a possible workaround.
Note: Only 20 alumni registrations are available for this event!
A wait list will be established for those who are not among the first 20 to apply. Wait-listed alumni who are not advanced to registration will be given priority, in order of their listing, for the next MFA alumni weekend residency in 2014, location TBA.
All but one meal—lunch on Saturday, August 10—is included in the price of registration (we want you to have a chance to explore Idyllwild during that time). Coffee is available at 7:30 a.m. at the Inn, before the gourmet breakfasts. Wine and nonalcoholic beverages are included with the evening meals and the farewell toast.
Idyllwild is one of the most pleasant places in all of California, a hidden gem. For fly-ins, the closest airports are located in Ontario and Palm Springs. To learn more about Idyllwild, visit the Strawberry Creek Inn's Activities Page.
The MFA program is pleased to invite you to spend a special literary weekend with MFA Core Faculty Steve Heller, Jenny Factor, & Bernadette Murphy in the beautiful rustic retreat of Idyllwild in the San Jacinto Mountains between Los Angeles and Palm Springs.
Available only to Antioch MFA alums, the MFA Alumni Residency includes:
-- Most events will take place at the Inn
-- The Bunkhouse is kid and pet friendly
- Genre workshops
- Individual career conferences
- Readings by alumni participants
- “Coffee & the Writing Life” with Steve Heller
- “A Nature Walk and Writing” with Bernadette Murphy (along Strawberry Creek)
- Faculty Q & A with MFA Alum Eduardo Santiago
- Two gourmet breakfasts at the Strawberry Creek Inn
- Friday night dinner at the Strawberry Creek Inn
- Saturday night dinner at the Gastrognome (Idyllwild’s finest restaurant)
- A Sunday sack lunch & alumni reading
- A closing toast at an elegant mountain home
Strawberry Creek Retreats
Check out other retreats hosted by the Strawberry Creek Inn by clicking here.