Aspen Skiing Company
WhenThursday September 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM MDT
Saturday September 28, 2013 at 11:45 PM MDTAdd to Calendar
The Meeting 9
The ninth annual Meeting will return September 26 – 28, 2013 as the premier snow film festival featuring the latest ski and snowboard to serve as the foundation for a weekend of panels, speakers, networking, music, fashion show, art, and fun.
The Meeting will include a one-day conference on Friday September 27th with individual sessions that allow for discussion and networking. The speakers create a compelling line-up that brings outside perspective to facilitate thought-provoking discussion around a variety of topics rooted in growing snow sports business.
In 2013, the conference portion of The Meeting will again gather top minds from inside snow sports and outside to lead a series of discussions on a range of topics. The conversations regarding content distribution, digital impacts to business, cultivating an audience, and brand integration are certain to continue while new topics will be introduced.
The presentation and panel topics are as follows:
- Presentation: riCardoCrespo - riCardo will share applied principles around brand authenticity and projection as a bridge to engagement.
- Presentation: Steven Kotler: The Rise of Superman – Kotler will detail his research on the power of flow and how we can use this information to radically accelerate performance in our own lives.
- Presentation: Nick Sargent – Building and maintaining partnerships from a brand perspective.
- Presentation: Brooke Wentz – Attendees will be taken through a collection of case studies showing them how they can beat the system, squeeze pennies, or otherwise get past the obstacles that stand between their film and its perfect soundtrack.
- Panel: This discussion will focus on the strategy of building, marketing, and selling a brand to transcend from the endemic market to mainstream while maintaining core integrity. The conversation will be moderated by Chase Jarvis and will include Paul Crandell, Russ Rowan and Jim Gunning.
- Panel: This panel will discuss the current state of the content distribution with a focus on maximizing digital opportunities and delivering a quantifiable return on investment. The conversation will be moderated by Chase Jarvis and will include C.J. Olivares, Danny Grant and Ian Durkin.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Paul Crandell – Vice President of Marketing at GoPro, Crandell is a leader in all areas of marketing and staff management, structure build and international business development at the world's most versatile camera company. http://gopro.com/
- riCardo Crespo – CCO at Th13teen, riCardo is prominent in the design and branding industries as a provocative ronin; driven by his ethos of intelligently provoking and delivering agains a brand’s promise through innovative thought leadership and compelling communication. www.th13teen.com
- Ian Durkin (www.vimeo.com) - Curator of Staff Picks videos for Vimeo by day, and photographer/filmmaker all the other times, Durkin spends a lot of time looking at, and thinking about, film. Particularly, he considers how such things live on the Internet.
- Danny Grant - As General Manager of The Orchard Sports he works directly with filmmakers and brands to help syndicate and monetize their premium content world wide. http://www.theorchard.com
- Jim Gunning - Managing Director/Partner for RESQWATER Anti Hangover Drink, Jim has almost 20 years of experience leading brand building and marketing initiatives for such brands as Red Bull, Vitamin Water and Target. Currently he is overseeing the national launch for RESQWATER Anti Hangover Drink.http://www.resqwater.com/
- Chase Jarvis - Well known as a visionary photographer, director, and fine artist with a consistent ambition to break down the barriers between new - and traditional media, fine - and commercial art. http://www.chasejarvis.com/
- Steven Kotler - The Rise of Superman: As the author of three books on the subject and co-founder and director of research at the Flow Genome Project, Steven Kotler is one of the world’s leading experts on ultimate human performance. In this riveting talk, he provides a stunning tour of current research, primarily focusing on “flow states”—an optimal state of consciousness where we both feel our best and perform our best. Researchers now know that flow sits at the heart of almost every athletic championship; underpins most major scientific breakthroughs; and accounts for significant progress in the arts. So what is this mysterious state? How does it work its magic? And—if this really is the secret to ultimate human performance—how can we get more of it in our personal and professional lives.
Steven Kotler is a New York Times bestselling author, award-winning journalist and co-founder and director of research for the Flow Genome Project, an international, multi-discipiplinary organization dedicated to decoding the state of peak performance known as flow. His books include the non-fiction works “Abundance,” “A Small Furry Prayer” and “West of Jesus” and the novel “The Angle Quickest for Flight.” His articles have appeared in over 60 publications, includingThe New York Times Magazine, Atlantic Monthly, Wired, Forbes, GQ, National Geographic, Popular Science, Discover and the LA Times. He also writes Far Frontiers, a blog about disruptive technology, guerilla neuroscience and adrenaline sport for Forbes.com.
- C.J. Olivares - Currently Senior Media Consultant with Grind Media, C.J. is an executive media and sports consultant providing a range of brands, properties and media companies with strategic and operational guidance in the development, production and distribution of programming on linear and on-demand platforms, as well as strategic growth opportunities. Mr. Olivares has more than 20 years of diverse experience packaging and producing television, sports and events, having served in an executive capacity with such entities as FUEL TV, Bluetorch, Fox Sports Net, Inclyne Sports and Triathlete Magazine. www.grindmedia.com
- Russ Rowan - Russ joined the team at Spyder as VP Sales and Global Marketing with 21 years of experience in the action and wintersports industries having spent time at Helly Hansen, Burton, and O'Neill.
- Nick Sargent – Nick is the Global Director of Strategic Alliance at Burton Snowboards. For 10 years, Nick has taken the lead on creating, negotiating and managing all global brand partnerships, brand licensing, and event partners for the company. Nick has raised the bar on developing high profile partnerships that have resulted in highly successful and unique brand integrations. www.burton.com
- Brooke Wentz – As Founder of The Rights Workshop, Wentz boasts an award-winning music supervisor background and intellectual property rights executive with over 20 years working in the television, cable, film and recording industries. www.rightsworkshop.com
Event Pass Registration ($349 before 9/12, $399 after 9/12) includes:
- Industry Conference Session Day (Sept 27) with lunch provided
- Happy hour following conference sessions
- Go-cart Racing (Sept 28)
- Guaranteed entrythe latest released ski and snowboard films
- Ticket for 2 nights of music at the Belly Up (DJ Shadow- 9/27 & TBA - 9/28)
- Bike rentals and gondola foot passenger tickets
- Complimentary drinks at all movies, music and opening party
- Event gift bag with custom Helly Hansen fleece and items from other sponsors
- Friday - Jake Blauvelt Naturally
- Level 1 - Partly Cloudy
- Nike Snowboarding - Never Not, Part II
- Poor Boyz Productions & Red Bull Media House - Tracing Skylines
- Sweetgrass Productions - Valhalla
- Sherpas Cinema - Into the Mind
- Teton Gravity Research - Way of Life
- Transworld Snowboarding - Nation
- Will Film For Food - Livin
Musical Performances at Belly Up Aspen:
- DJ Shadow (9/27)
- MTHDS perform Beastie Boys (9/28)
Registration for only the conference poriton of the event from 10am - 4pm on Friday, September 27th is available for $225. This includes lunch and happy hour following the conference.
Registration is non-transferable.