Construction Science and the Inspector
TPREIA/ InterNACHI once again raises the bar for Inspector's Education by teaming up with Texas A&M University Construction Science Department to present attendees the very best training, education and teaching anywhere!
This is a two-day 16-Hour TREC approved CEU educational event that you will not want to miss. TPREIA'S Educational Committee has worked with the TAMU Leaders to compile one of the best training and educational events across our Nation. TAMU Professors have taken field trips with our Inspectors to gain a better understanding of what TREC Inspectors are required to do during inspections and to see things from an Inspectors prospective. If you thought last years classes were good, just wait until you see what we have in store for you this year.
Hotels and Motels fill up quickly and while this event is not on a game weekend, book your room NOW to obtain your room choice and locations.
Click this link for area hotels http://www.texashotel.org/cities/College-Station.
- Relevant structural code provisions for housing using the IRC codes
- HVAC and electrical code provisions, using the IRC and NEC 2011
- Architectural code provisions for housing using the IRC
- Water supply, sewers and drainage, using the relevant requirements from ICC and IRC
- Issues that arise during construction or as a result of poor construction.
- Common problems such as: flashing details, copings, roof caps, metal roofing, sills, parapet walls, mortar joints and much more.
- Penetrations into the building – major leak source and stonework details.
TAMU Professors and TPREIA Master Inspectors work together on the in-field part of the class. We will divide attendees into groups so everyone can have ample time for each section of the in-field training in home construction.
There is so much more, but we don't have space to list it all here. We know you will enjoy and appreciate these topics; they are related to every inspection.
- Pre-slab inspection
- Slab inspection
- Framing inspection
- HVAC and electrical inspection
- Drainage. water supply and sewer inspection
- Architectural, including flashing for doors, walls, windows and masonry inspection
The Presenters for these Classes:
- Professor Jeff Haberl - considered one of TAMU’s best presenters, with a wealth of experience in the HVAC and Electrical Energy Systems
- Dr. Anne Nichols - a cement and concrete expert who studied at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign in the UIUC Internationally recognized cement materials lab.
- Dr. Edelmiro Escamilla - with a background in architecture and construction, coupled with ten years of experience in the maintenance of buildings, he brings the perspective of an end user to the lecture series.
- Professor John Bryant - Expert in HVAC Systems
- Professor John Nichols - Expert in housing and structures
- Architect Steve Schloss - Arkitex Studio, Bryan - Licensed Architect
This instructor group brings together a wealth of experience in various inspection topics and concrete, mixed with their unique ability to tell the story of the problems and how they affect an inspector who has to deal with these problems on a daily basis. They have been there and done it.
You won't want to miss a minute of these classes!
- We will enjoy these classes in one of TAMU outstanding and superb auditoriums with stadium seating that is comfortable and allows each attendee to see, hear and participate in these exceptional classes.
- Our classes will hold only 150 attendees, so please do not hesitate to make your reservations promptly for this event. Simply click on the "Register Now!" link below and complete your reservations.
- TPREIA's Annual Conference and Dinner will be held in the dining hall outside the auditorium on Saturday evening starting at 6:00 PM. All TPREIA Members are requested to attend. Dinner will be provided to attendees. Please make plans to attend.
- TPREIA/ InterNACHI Members for both days is only $200.00. *Includes breakfast/lunch both days and conference dinner at 6PM Saturday Evening.
- Non-TPREIA Members for both days is only $400.00 *Includes breakfast/lunch both days and conference dinner at 6PM Saturday Evening.
- Parking is available daily at Central Campus Garage. We are currently talking to TAMU transportation services about other options. We will email all registrants on additional parking details as they become available.
- Parking avaiable in undesignated areas in parking lot 54, which is directly in front ot building where the classes are held.
Special places to see on the TAMU campus and College Station area
There is something for everyone to enjoy. So bring your family and let them enjoy the area while you enjoy our classes.
Here is a sample of the items and places to visit and enjoy.
- Memorial Student Centre – the heart of TAMU with all the Aggie Shopping
- The Post Oak Mall – good for a short shop
- The winery nearby (10 minute drive)
- Café Excel – best food in town at an acceptable price and near to the main drag with a lot of other places to eat including the world famous Dixie Chick complete with a big mean rattle snake behind a glass area.
- Hilton Hotel – also has an excellent restaurant
- Walking tour of campus, a short one for those who want the highlights and a long one for the people who want to see what all the excitement is about around TAMU. _________________________________________________________________