Colorado Department of Human Services / Division of Colorado Works
WhenWednesday October 2, 2013
at 8:30 AM
toWednesday October 2, 2013
at 4:30 PM Add to Calendar
WhereMorgan County Dept of Human Services 800 E Beaver Ave
Fort Morgan, CO 80701-3600 Driving Directions
Core Family Violence Option -- October 2, 2013
The one-day training is REQUIRED for all county workers who work with customers, re: intakes, assessments, IRCs, sanctions, etc. The training includes an overview of domestic violence dynamics (DV 101), as well as a review of the technical aspects of conducting assessments. The top five objectives of this training are:
- To gain a general understanding of the dynamics of violent relationships.
- To identify ways in which domestic violence impacts an individual's ability to become self-sufficient.
- To understand how to screen program participants for domestic violence.
- To learn the use of the correct forms utilized when a victim needs to implement the Family Violence Option.
- To learn how to refer program participants to local domestic violence resources.