We invite you to participate in this two day ITAR seminar at the World Trade Center in Portland, OR.
This Event is Sponsored by:
Staying on the right side of ITAR regulations can be a serious challenge for many U.S. businesses.
This two-day program will cover the information businesses need to know to comply with ITAR regulations. The first day provides an overview of ITAR and basic compliance considerations and practices. Day two dives deeper into the application and interpretation of the regulations and compliance responsibilities.
Gain general awareness about ITAR and various components that may affect you and your business including a general overview of ITAR compliance, information regarding how ITAR may affect your work in the areas of international shipping, procurement, travel, visitors, and research collaborations and the penalties associated with ITAR violations.
With proper export ITAR training, you can avoid inadvertent penalties and continue to operate efficiently in your business.
This seminar will provide participants with...
- Practical Overview of the ITAR: Essential terms, concepts and policies for your Business
- Establishing and Maintaining an ITAR Export Controls Compliance Program
- Identifying and Managing ITAR Data
- Deemed Exports
- Licensing under ITAR
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Regulations of Brokers & Intermediaries
- Export Controls - Case Study
The seminar is a MUST for you and your company to attend if...
- You are a supplier to domestic or foreign customers involved directly or indirectly in the defense industry
- You are looking to update your internal export control risk management processes to meet current and upcoming changes in US government requirements
- You would like to ask questions of some of the region’s leading experts and practitioners in the field of ITAR and export controls
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
- 12:30 - Registration Opens
- 1:00 to 1:15pm: Welcome – PNDC/Export Council
- 1:15pm-2:15: Introduction to U.S. Export Control Law and ITAR
- 2:15-2:45 : Licensing Under ITAR
- 2:45-3:00: Break
- 3:00-4:00: Establishing & Maintaining an ITAR Export Controls Compliance Program
- Jasmine Cullup, the FSO/CPSO at Janicki Industries
- Mark Peters of Oregon Health & Science University
- Susan Taylor of Fluke Corporation
- 4:00-5:00: Mobile Devices, International Travel and ITAR Compliance
Thursday, January 30, 2014
- 7:30-8:30: Registration/ Breakfast
- 8:30-8:45: Welcome – PNDC/Export Council
- 8:45-9:45: Export Reform Initiative Changes
- 9:45 – 10:45: Deemed Exports & Foreign Nationals
- 11:00 to 11:15: BREAK - SPONSORED BY OREGON IRON WORKS
- 11:15 to 12:15: Recent Enforcement Cases and What to Do if Something Has Gone Wrong
- 12:15 to 1:15: Lunch Keynote: ITAR (Congressman Earl Blumenauer)
- 1:15 to 1:45: Freight Forwarder Challenges in Dealing with ITAR
- 2:00 to 2:45: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- 2:45 to 3:00: BREAK - SPONSORED BY ATER WYNNE
- 3:00 to 4:00: Export Controls - Case Study
- Kevin Walding, Meggitt Polymers
- Tesa Patton – Vanguard EMS – confirmed
- 4:00 to 5:00: Wrap Up: What does this all mean? – Akana Ma, Ater Wynne