The registration page can time-out if answers are not entered in a timely manner. Feel free to craft your answers in a Word document and then paste your answers into a freshly opened registration page. If you do not receive an email confirmation after submitting your registration please email email@example.com for assistance.
Students interested in majoring in dance at Towson University must participate in an audition as part of the application process. Auditions will be held at the Towson University Center for the Arts, Room 1003. The audition process begins promptly at 9:00am and ends at approximately 2:00pm. Check-in begins at 8:15am.
1. Register online for a Dance Audition
2. Submit a head shot at check-in on the day of the audition
Headshots may be any size under 8.5x11, and black & white or color. Headshots do not need to be professionally taken. All we ask is that we can see your face clearly.
3. Submit the registration fee ($35) at check-in the day of the audition
Fees should be submitted in the form of a cashier's check or money order.Checks can be made payable to Towson University.
Audition Day Schedule
1. Prospective students that have registered to audition, their family, and friends are invited to participate in a general information session about Department of Dance programs.
2. Prospective students participate in a ballet class (optional point combinations), a modern class, and a composition and improvisation class. (During this time family members and those not auditioning are invited to tour the facilities and speak with current students. Classes are closed to those not auditioning.)
3. Following the classes, the faculty will deliberate. Students may be asked to clarify their audition registration responses in a brief interview with the dance faculty.
Dancers should come prepared with appropriate dance clothing, including shoes. They may also bring water and a small snack for after the audition. Experienced dancers may also bring pointe shoes. Students will not be asked to perform a solo piece as part of the audition process.
* Auditionees must bring a head shot and the registration fee ($35) in the form of a cashier's check or money order at check-in to be eligible to audition. *
Checks can be made payable to Towson University.
Please call the Dance Department at 410-704-2760 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or need additional information.