In Person & On-Line 1355 West 3100 South
West Valley City, UT 84119 Driving Directions
NSA Mountain West Chapter
Special Thanks to the 2013-2014 NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy Faculty and Mentors
Jason Hewlett, Dean of the NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy, Professional Member NSA Mountain West, Board Member NSA Mountain West
Chad Hymas, CSP, CPAE Certified Speaking Professional, Hall of Fame Speaker, National Board Member National Speakers Association, Past President NSA Utah
Ty Bennett President of NSA Mountain West, author of The Power of Influence and The Power of Storytelling
Brad Barton, CSP, Certified Speaking Professional, Past President NSA Utah, Author of Beyond Illusions - The Magic of Positive Perception, member of International Brotherhood of Magicians.
Kathy Loveless, CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Past President NSA Utah; Creator of "Junp Start Your Speaking Career Today!"
Dan Clark, CSP, CPAE Certified Speaking Professional, Hall of Fame Speaker
Mark Eaton From a 7' 4" Auto Mechanic, to an NBA All Star, to Successful Entrepreneur, Professional Member NSA Mountain West
Doug Nielsen, CSP, LCSW, MSW Certified Speaking Professional, Past President NSA Mountain West
Are you ready to make the leap from wanting to speak to making a living as a professional speaker? Or, if you are making an income as a Speaker, are you ready to get to the Six-Figure per year mark? NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy will help take your business to new heights with the personal assistance and guidance of some of the most successful speakers in the industry.
Starting with a full-day Speakers Academy Kickoff in at the beautiful Utah Cultural Celebration Center, in West Valley City Utah on Saturday, October 25th you will learn at the feet of Hall of Fame Speakers, Certified Speaking Professionals, and some of the most popular presenters in America (yes, we have them in our Chapter!). Begin your NSA year the right way, launching into a new realm of commitment to your Speaking career!
But it doesn't end there...
From October 2nd to April 18th you will receive:
- Wednesday, October 15th Chapter Meeting in Salt Lake begins at 3:00. After dinner, from 6:00 - 6:30 join other Speakers Academy students and your Deans for the "Academy Corner" in the Founder's Room
- Saturday, October 25th Full-Day Speaker Academy Kickoff 7:45 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
- Friday, November 7th Mentor Match complete. You will hear from your Speaker Mentor to set up your Mentorin
- Thursday, October 2nd First Monthly Speaker Academy Orientation and Welcome Webinar 7:00 P.M. to 8:15 P.M.
- Friday, November 14th 3:30 p.m. Webinar with Linda Keith, CPA, CSP "Bottom Up Budgeting" Linda will walk us through an Excel-based worksheet she uses to budget for her speaking business, now in the 35th year. Not only will you see how she does it, but she will make the worksheet itself available to you so you can create your own ‘Bottoms-Up’ Budget. You’ll create a revenue goal that works and learn how to use leverage and scalability to reach it…and beyond!
- Wednesday, November 19th 3:00 to 9:00 Chapter meeting event is the annual "Speaker Showcase" featuring 30 speakers with 7 minutes each to present. Speakers Academy participants will evaluate what speakers did especially well and what could be improved. A great opportunity to hone our connoseurship of the speaking craft.
- Thursday, December 11th 10:00 - 11:30 a.m. Mark Eaton, CSP and former Utah Jazz NBA Champion, will share the story of how he grew his speaking business. It's a really interesting story that highlights Mark's amazing commitment to seeking---and applying--- the support and coaching he needed to become a successful professional speaker.
- Monday, January 26 9:55 - 11:30 Help Me Hire YOU! 21 Strategies to Get Booked and Stay Booked As a full-time speaker who spent a year booking other speakers for 160+ events, David Newman, CSP will show you how to build your business and increase your visibility, credibility, and hire-ability! Learn exactly what gets speakers hired using 21 specific strategies from someone who booked speakers daily.
February 12th Speakers Academy Webinar 9:55 to 11:15
| Linda Swindling JD, CSP
"Top Ten Biggest Negotiation Mistakes Speakers Make"
From the courtroom to the boardroom, Linda Swindling, JD, CSP, knows first hand about high-stakes communication and influencing decision makers. Her specialty is helping people communicate powerfully so others will listen. Linda has authored and co-authored twenty books and is the creator of the popular Passports to Success book series including her most recent book, Stop Complainers and Energy Drainers: How to Negotiate Work Drama to Get More Done with Wiley Publishing. A Certified Speaking Professional and "recovering attorney," Linda is a past-president of NSA-North Texas and their Speakers Academy Chair. She also served on the National NSA Chapter Leadership Council and was past national officer & director of NSA National Board.
Before the Webinar
Webinar invitation exclusively for NSA Mountain West Speakers Academy Class of 2015, Academy Alumni and Mentors
Speakers Academy Participants also Benefit from...
- Monthly Webinars with Professional Speakers, Bureaus, and Leaders.
- November - April, Personal Mentoring Sessions with experienced speakers, coaches and trainers. Each mentor will only have 1 or 2 Academy participants.
- Work with your Accountability Partner to stay on track and complete Academy assignments and your personal speaking career goals.
- Guidance to take your business to places you only dreamed were possible!
- Opportunities to network with NSA Mountain West Speakers Academy Alumni.
- Grow with your Speakers Academy classmates. (Much better than learning alone!)
- Saturday, April 18th Full-Day Speaker Academy Finale' Celebration and Graduation
7:45 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. The culmination of NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy
will be a and a full-day celebration of the art and science of professional speaking. We'll be joined by Speakers Academy Alumni and the Mountain West Chapter's favorite presenters and most successful trainers. Bookend your commitment to improvement with a day of celebration and graduation from the NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy.
NSA Mountain West Speaking Academy Guide Book Curriculum
Introduction to Speaking Professionally
Presenting & Performing
Authorship & Product Development/Enterprise
Sales & Marketing
Managing the Business
The culmination of NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy will be a and a full-day retreat of the Mountain West Chapter's favorite presenters and most successful trainers. Bookend your commitment to improvement with a day of celebration and graduation from the NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy.
What would you pay for this type of training in a typical setting?
The top coaches in the industry receive upwards of $2,500-5,000 per day of coaching.
What are you willing to pay to change your career? To change your life?
- $1095 Guests** Includes one-year NSA Mountain West Candidate All-Access Pass ($425 value)
- $695 NSA Mountain West Candidates
- $595 NSA Mountain West Professional Members
Save $200 on NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy 2014-2015 Tuition if Prepaid by Wednesday, September 1st*
Save $100 if registered between September 2 and October 1
Your Co-Deans for 2014-2015 NSA Mountain West Speakers Academy
Brad Barton, CSP, Certified Speaking Professional, Past President NSA Utah, Author of Beyond Illusions -The Magic of Positive Perception, member of International Brotherhood of Magicians.
Jeri Mae Rowley, MS, Past: President NSA Mountain West, Member NSA National Chapter Leadership Council, National Advisory Board SPEAKER Magazine.
Join us for the 2014-2015 NSA Mountain West Speaker Academy, mark the dates, commit to making an investment that will change your life forever. Get your message out to the world. Live the dream of becoming the Speaker you know you can be.
Sign up now for the Mountain West Speaker Academy. We will see you there!
NSA Mountain West