A FREE Small Business Workshop Sponsored by SCORE and Co-Sponsored by the New Canaan Library
Marketing to Mobile Devices
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm | check-in starts at 5:30 pm
New Canaan Library
151 Main Street, New Canaan, CT 06840
A highly interactive session exploring how mobile devices are changing consumer behavior. This workshop provides practical information on how to build a relationship with your customers using mobile devices.
You will learn:
- Intro on consumer mobile behaviors (increase reliance upon Smartphones for search, use of Yelp, Google dominance, price comparing in store, etc.)
- Platforms for mobile - WordPress and others
- Mobile myth busting - 75% of all mobile impressions are viewed within the home - consumers are engaging content across multiple devices everywhere
- Discussion of how to help your customers find you more easily via:
- Mobile search marketing
- Mobile promotion
- Email (still a powerful tool!)
- Social Media - how to use simple, creative social media tactics (Instagram, Twitter, etc.) to build love for your brand/business. We will also cover examples of big brands getting clever and how small business can compete using similar tactics!
Speaker: Kate Berg, an accomplished executive and entrepeneur focused on disruptive innovation in technology and media. Kate has held leadership positions at Gartner, KPMG, Jupiter (now part of Forrester), HFMUS (now part of Hearst), and Mojiva. She also built and sold two businesses, the first when she was just 22. Kate most recently served as President for Collective Bias, a high growth social shopper media company named to the annual Forbes list of 100 Most Promising Companies. She grew up in New Canaan and as the youngest of five, attended New Canaan High School. She now lives in South Salem, NY.