Out & Equal
WhenMonday September 8, 2014 at 1:00 PM PDT
Friday December 5, 2014 at 1:00 PM PSTAdd to Calendar
Regular registration: $69.95
Gov't/Non-profit registration: $59.95
**Contact Q Wilson for information regarding discounts for group enrollment of 5+ attendees.
Building Bridges toward LGBT Diversity (RECORDED)
This is a three part self-paced, recorded webinar that is open to everyone and serves as the foundation for all Out & Equal Core and Advanced courses. The Building Bridges Course is also the pre-requisite to the LGBT Diversity Leadership Train the Trainer Certification course.
The Building Bridges Toward LGBT Cultural Competency recorded webinar series is a three-part training course conducted by certified Out & Equal trainers. This program can target senior executives, managers, human resources and diversity professionals, customer service representatives and the general employee population. Although based in corporate training, instructors have also worked with social services, faith communities, governmental and educational settings, and provide relevant examples based on the course attendees.
The course is designed to help employers get the most from all employees. This training fosters increased awareness to develop a healthier and safer workplace where all employees are engaged in the mission of the organization, increasing the level of comfort for all and improving communication between LGBT and straight employees and the customers they serve.
Part 1 covers the LGBT Terminology & Concepts (complimentary course) includes:
- Why this training is needed and provide a quick look at discrimination in the workplace and outcomes
- Create understanding about LGBT community and cultural competency in the workplace
- Acquiring terminology and concepts when discussing birth/assigned sex, gender identity, sexual orientation and gender expression and how they impact each of us
- Breaking down myths and stereotypes of the LGBT community
Part 2 covers the Business Case for LGBT Inclusion (fee for service course) includes
- Reviewing the employee and employer business case at the state, national and global legal perspectives
- Discussing the best practices for company policies/benefits and global policies for LGBT employees
- Highlighting recruiting, retention, engagement benefits in inclusive workplaces
- Focus on customer serviceand marketing opportunities for employers of choice
- Evaluating your company on LGBT workplace equality initiatives
Part 3 covers ally development and action planning for your organization includes:
- Building an Ally Continuum of moving from awareness to ally to advocate
- Practicing ally skills in common workplace scenarios
- Discuss research, case studies and next steps for your workplace
- Provide resources and problem solving discussions on current trends and topics
*This course is a pre-requisite for Train the Trainer
Click the link below to register for this series!