Saturday August 9, 2014 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM EDT
Add to Calendar
12:30 PM Check in
1:00 PM Educational Program
4:00 PM Reception
Amy Maggio, Executive Director
No Stomach For Cancer, Inc.
Spotlight On Gastric Cancer
Current Perspectives and Treatments for people living with gastric cancer; people living with Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC), their families, friends and health care professionals.
Join us for presentations by renowned healthcare professionals covering new treatments, latest clinical trials, genetic testing, targeted treatments, nutrition, the latest research, and more.
Meet our panel of experts
- Hector Li Chang, MD, Research, BC Cancer Agency
- Jeffrey Clark, MD, Oncology, Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center
- Christopher Marshall, MD, Gastroenterology, UMass Medical Center
- Gregory Lauwers, MD, Pathology, Mass General Hospital
- John Mullen, MD, Surgery, Mass General Hospital
- Devanshi Patel, MS, Genetic Counseling, Mass General Hospital
- Donna Walsh, MS, Nutrition, Maine General Medical Center
- Melanie and Hannah Torborg, Caregiver perspectives, Plymouth MN
The event is free and open to all, we simply request your registration information and number of attendees.
There will be a reception immediately following the educational event.
- A world without stomach cancer.
- To support research and unite the caring power of people worldwide affected by stomach cancer.
Our Core Values
- All people should have an opportunity for a life free of stomach cancer
- Emotional support, connecting with others and a sense of belonging are vital to affected families
- Our work must be conducted in a fiscally responsible, trustworthy and ethical manner
- Collaboration and partnership will move us toward success
Our Key Priorities
- Advance awareness and education about stomach cancer, including Hereditary Diffuse Gastric Cancer (HDGC)
- Establish and maintain a network of support for affected families
- Support research efforts for screening, early detection, treatment and prevention of stomach cancer
- Sustain a strong and high performing organization